Poppy burners laugh at £50 fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted Mr Jack who didnt say where he got the source from originally, all i read was the OP which doesnt state he's on child tax credit.

I love all the people in this thread who espouse behaviour as extreme as the guys they hate. They'll never see it, though. :D

So how does it make GD feel that he may well be paying this back with tax payers money?

I feel this guy is muppet and has insulted my family that died fighting for my country.

If he is so outraged by the British solders why is he not back in his home country helping his own people?

I'm sure a lot of fines all across Britain are paid by in some part with benefit money.

If you're going to take it into account when deciding the fine, then its obviously going to be paid with some of the taxpayers money.

Some of the people in this thread sound just like the white british opposite of this guy, neither you nor him are doing anyone any favours. They fuel your anger, you fuel their anger. Repeat.

I personally couldn't care less about the guy. He did it for your attention, you gave him it.

Let's be thankful for the freedoms fought for by the persons brought to mind by the symbolic poppy.

The freedom to burn a paper poppy, yes. We'd all rather live in a country with such freedoms than without.

As for what would happen to 'us' if 'we' went over 'there' and did 'something', well, we suppose ourselves to be not the same as them, don't we?

I'm sure a lot of fines all across Britain are paid by in some part with benefit money.

If you're going to take it into account when deciding the fine, then its obviously going to be paid with some of the taxpayers money.
Could you elaborate on this please?

Some of the people in this thread sound just like the white british opposite, neither you nor him are doing anyone any favours.
I'm sorry what is the white British opposite? And ...what favours for what?

£50 fine is a disgrace! As he is so disgusted and shows a total lack of respect to the british, why is he here?

He should be burn't ! Total waste of space.

The guy sounds like a right chinook (massive chopper), but all he has really done is do something offensive. Isn't everyone on these forums these days all for offensive humour and anti-political correctness?

As much as a jerk as he is, it really isn't the biggest of deals. Label him as a jerk and be done with it. It's no different than drawing a picture of Muhammed, so why the double standards?

"It's just a picture of Muhammed, what's the big deal get over it"

"You just burnt some flowers, quick DESTORY HIM!"

The wise words of Mr. Steve Hughes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjrVohm2nE&t=4m40s

British law sucks, wouldn't have got away with that under sharia law :(
I honestly do not understand that statement, so you would want people to be punished more for such a thing? Surely the great thing about our culture is that we aren't unduly punished for things just because others find them offensive? The punishment seems fairly apt IMO.

Let's be thankful for the freedoms fought for by the persons brought to mind by the symbolic poppy.

The freedom to burn a paper poppy, yes. We'd all rather live in a country with such freedoms than without.

As for what would happen to 'us' if 'we' went over 'there' and did 'something', well, we suppose ourselves to be not the same as them, don't we?

I love the sentiment Mark, but if people do get fined for burning poppies or whatever, then we do not have the freedom to do it without consequence.

. It's no different than drawing a picture of Muhammed, so why the double standards?

Really?, the same picture's that muslims went on riots in the middle east and burned american/british flags?. The same picture that pushed a number of muslims wishing for the death of the artist? and even one murder attempt?

Could you elaborate on this please?

Well if you fine people on benefits for crimes, inevitably they'll use those benefits to pay the fine...?

I'm sorry what is the white British opposite? And ...what favours for what?

BNP style individuals. "Send em back" types. Someone in this thread said kill him. These people do themselves no favours, because their anger and general hate is only fueling these extremist views - and it's just a cycle.

How else can I explain it?

I honestly do not understand that statement, so you would want people to be punished more for such a thing? Surely the great thing about our culture is that we aren't unduly punished for things just because others find them offensive? The punishment seems fairly apt IMO.

Exactly. Start to punish people more for things and you start looking like the extremists you dislike so much.

burn a poppy burn a human....

Well he wouldn't do it again would he! Same could be said for a lot of the ridiculously light sentences people get in this country for their crimes! Thats another story all together.

.. obviously my original comment was said with tounge in cheek but im sure you get the idea!

Last edited:
Really?, the same picture's that muslims went on riots in the middle east and burned american/british flags?. The same picture that pushed a number of muslims wishing for the death of the artist? and even one murder attempt?

Yes really, it's the exact same principle.

I think you are focussing too much on the extent of the vengence and have missed my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom