Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
It goes like stink and sounds superb.

What is there not to like about a naturally aspirated 3.8 flat six producing over 400 hp? Especially in a car weighing under 1200kg! I'm not completely sold on the looks though, perhaps I've been brainwashed by the likes of Singer into liking cleaner lines rather than the bolt on arch extensions (even though they clearly serve a purpose here). Dare I ask what POA actually means? It's been written off in the past so it's worthless in OcUK's eyes anyway.

Man of Honour
What is there not to like about a naturally aspirated 3.8 flat six producing over 400 hp? Especially in a car weighing under 1200kg! I'm not completely sold on the looks though, perhaps I've been brainwashed by the likes of Singer into liking cleaner lines rather than the bolt on arch extensions (even though they clearly serve a purpose here). Dare I ask what POA actually means? It's been written off in the past so it's worthless in OcUK's eyes anyway.

Not sure but I suspect around 120K-140K. The arches are actually 993 factory fits. For me the 993 has the best steering of any car I have ever driven, outstanding feel to it, just so right.

Soldato
Not sure but I suspect around 120K-140K. The arches are actually 993 factory fits. For me the 993 has the best steering of any car I have ever driven, outstanding feel to it, just so right.

I'm not doubting their OEM nature, I just think the rear arches of the widebody 993 are lovely enough without the bolt on items. I am yet to drive a 993, not sure I'll ever get the opportunity. I keep looking at more ridiculous cars which I'm justifying on the basis that mine is sat in the garage too much and I could perhaps get away with something either older or more exotic like an aircooled 911 or a TVR of some flavour. I need to give myself a slap.

Soldato
Funny enough my friend also in as a 2009 997 and his is the same......, just googled it an came across quite a few others, something to do with a reaction between steel and aluminium, the fact that my car doesn't have full OPC history will more than likely mean they will just say sorry......

Last edited:
Caporegime
Galvanic corrosion is what it's likely to be but paint normally provides a barrier which prevents that happening. Moisture is the keu ingredient though and it should be relatively dry there. Given where it is it should be easy enough to treat.

Soldato
Put a bit of rubber/plastic between the materials and once painted also use duralac paste.
I'm guessing aerospace background (going off duralac). I had a similar amount of corrosion on my old 996 on the door catches (which look suspiciously like the same part). I had them touched up and they have been fine until i sold the car. IIRC some cars had a clear sheet to separate the part from the bodywork. My guess is the bolts have worn away the protection of the paint over time and allowed moisture to attack.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Values, where do we think they are going to go, specifically:

991.1 GT3 PDK: I am seeing these drop what seems quite rapidly, a few cars sub 100k now, of course in white though white does suite the GT3. I hear though there are issues with the engine on 991.1 GT3, is this the reason why they seem to be losing value?
991.2 GT3 PDK: Again dropping, but not as much, seen them around 140k, again do we think they will drop more?

981 GT4 Manual: Seeing this now at 70k, so they seem to be holding value better, is there a new NA GT4 rumoured or coming?

I kind of have three options:
1. Sell the SVR get a 991.1 GT3 and own it, no finance.
2. Sell the SVR, get a 991.2 GT3, finance remainder.
3. Keep the SVR, sell the M3 and buy a GT4 outright.

Nothing is concrete yet, not really hearing selling the SVR at all to be honest, but maybe selling the M3 plus with cash I have set aside could pretty much get me into a GT4 for around 75-80k and that could be become the new track car and of course daily.

Any guys here who own a 991 GT3 or 981 GT4 and use it daily, even when it rains?
I ask because the Carreras, particular GTS make terrific road cars, huge traction even in the wet and you can really use it, yet my short seat time in 991 GT3 the car seems quite loose on the rear, which was quite a surprise, but at same time the new 991 GT3, .2 in particular have vastly more torque and mid range shuff than previous which unsettles the car, of course could remove cups and put on a PS4S but I doubt that would resolve the issue and thus maybe the GT4 is actually maybe a more fun and more capable road car over the GT3 simply as it can put power down, on a track it probably falls behind a little because it is a 100HP down. Be good to hear owners feedback on using GT3 and GT4 as daily's or certainly having driven them in the wet on the road. You could argue when it rains, just chill and drive slow in the wet, but for me I actually thoroughly love the enjoyment of driving quick in the wet and my 911 was so capable in the wet, even on cup tyres.

People who know me know I generally don't like selling cars, the SVR is a great daily and I doubt a GT3 could better it, one thing for sure GT3 would be slower in straight line, but maybe a GT4 can give me all the Pork I need in my life at the expense of letting the M3 go, which could also be a bad decision but at the same time the M3 value is pretty solid and ideally I would need the GT4 to hold its value quite well which if there is no new model planned I suspect it will, so what do people know about GT4, any new NA model planned soon?

Soldato
So I experienced my first ride in a road going GT3. Whilst at the ring.

A manual 991.2 Gt3.... The thing was ridiculously fast and loud around the ring. I've never been in anything like it. What suprised me the most was the power shift feature. Allowing the driver to change up without coming off of the throttle..... The shifts were bloody brutal!

How can I get my hands on one of these?!?

OcUK Staff
OP
So I experienced my first ride in a road going GT3. Whilst at the ring.

A manual 991.2 Gt3.... The thing was ridiculously fast and loud around the ring. I've never been in anything like it. What suprised me the most was the power shift feature. Allowing the driver to change up without coming off of the throttle..... The shifts were bloody brutal!

How can I get my hands on one of these?!?

I have been eyeing those up too, though I am not fond so much of manuals any more, but in a Porsche I could probably cope with a manual as they probably now make the best manual cars in existance, when I tried the 991.2 GT3 manual, was only at OcUK car park but the clutch felt so light and the box was like a rifle bolt but so delicate and precise, felt lovely. :)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
No.2.

I personally wouldn't touch a 991.1 GT3 due to the engine. Yes, you can get a warranty on them for a while yet but its just hassle.

There certainly isn't a shortage of 991.2 GT3's at OPCs at the moment, i'd be interested to know what they are changing hands for at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom