Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Thanks!

Could the electric sports seats be retro-fitted??

Expensive to do and would certainly be cheaper to find a car with them already fitted.

That 991 looks really nice and ticks lots of boxes! Not sure if it’s got a sports exhaust. Definitely worth a look.

EDIT: It looks like it’s got an exhaust switch on the centre console so that would be every box ticked for me... apart from it being a coupe, but that’s up to you.

Commissario
Expensive to do and would certainly be cheaper to find a car with them already fitted.

That 991 looks really nice and ticks lots of boxes! Not sure if it’s got a sports exhaust. Definitely worth a look.

EDIT: It looks like it’s got an exhaust switch on the centre console so that would be every box ticked for me... apart from it being a coupe, but that’s up to you.
Switchable sports exhaust is in the description and I can see the button in the centre console so...guess so?!

Soldato
Do you want a GTS, a 2S or a 4S? A manual or PDK? 997 or 991? Spending 40k or 60k? As you've linked them all.

They're all very different. By all means go and try them all but you really need to pick which variant you want most, then determine which options are must have and then start looking. Unfortunately buying Porsche's is a nightmare because of options (I've given up twice in Boxster hunts!).

Soldato
Do you want a GTS, a 2S or a 4S? A manual or PDK? 997 or 991? Spending 40k or 60k? As you've linked them all.

They're all very different. By all means go and try them all but you really need to pick which variant you want most, then determine which options are must have and then start looking. Unfortunately buying Porsche's is a nightmare because of options (I've given up twice in Boxster hunts!).

This choice would appear to be reasonably straightforward if the budget is enough for the 997 GTS linked... buy the 991 above and don’t worry about the options because it’s got them all!

Commissario
I would prefer a 991 but wasn't sure they would be affordable until I found the one above.

A 997 4S or 2S would be fine, I need to drive both and see which I prefer.

I won't comment about price because finance will be involved and I know only too well how that subject can escalate round here ;)

Permabanned
Why a 911 as opposed to a cayman? You can get a much newer cayman, with more/better options for a very similar price, and my father said they drove fairly similarly (went from 911 to the cayman), albeit the cayman was a better daily.

Or 718 Boxter GTS?

They don't, they're quite different in driving dynamics. It's more a personal preference type thing & I much prefer the 911.

911 is a more practical daily.

718... lol... the engine is vile.

Permabanned
Another option I suppose is spend a little more for a newer 991 model which has the electric seats? http://www.romansofstalbans.co.uk/s...-s-manual-bose-pasm-sunroof-sport-chrono/2094

You have to test one to see if you like it or not. The 991 C2S chassis changes are not great, if going 991.1, you want the C4S... big difference in how they drive.

997 C4S is good, but you get a lot of transmission vibration through the steering wheel... may or may not bother you.

997 has a better engine over 991.1, even thought they look similar on paper.

Soldato

Agreed. You need to do a lot lot more reading and driving, it's clear at the moment you have gotten as far as "a 911, £40-60k".

The notion you are talking about retrofitting electric seats is laughable. If you weren't a prominent poster I think you'd be getting ignored or classed as a fantasist.

Commissario
Agreed. You need to do a lot lot more reading and driving, it's clear at the moment you have gotten as far as "a 911, £40-60k".

The notion you are talking about retrofitting electric seats is laughable. If you weren't a prominent poster I think you'd be getting ignored or classed as a fantasist.
Hardly, the question was asked and that was it :confused:

Soldato
Hardly, the question was asked and that was it :confused:

I don't think anyone seriously considering 911's would ever dream of getting one the incorrect spec seat wise and then spending a fortune bodging commonly optioned electric seats in when there are 100's of different cars available, nor would they have such a massive scope in budget and be linking convertibles, manuals, 2 and 4's and pdk cars, and different generations.

As I said, you're getting the time of day because you are a known poster, but you need to be doing some leg work yourself first!

Commissario
I’ve done plenty of reading thanks, but getting the opinion of others is just as valuable.

As I haven’t driven any yet, I’m not sure which model I would prefer however leaning towards the 4S based on my research.

I would also expect members here to help out anyone seeking info, regardless of their forum status.

Associate
Gents,

Your thoughts please, where do you see GT4 - 981 residuals in next 12 and 24 months? high spec, PTS, PCCB, Clubsport, mileage circa 6,000 miles after another 12 months and say 9,000 after another 24 months.

Back
Top Bottom