Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
The GTS is awesome, but it’s not nearly £20k more awesome than that red C2S which arguably has a more desirable spec. The bucket seats are a very rare option on such a car. Not sure I’d go crazy over the PCCB option, but you shouldn’t need to change the disks ever. If you really wanted the extra horses in that C2S (if 385 wasn’t enough for some reason!) you’d have plenty of change in your pocket to do it.

The main difference that I can see is that one is a convertible and the other isn’t... both are very nicely specified 997.2s. Again I would reiterate that you’re not a million miles away from a GT3 (albeit a 996) or a nice 997 turbo if you’re able to spend £62k and those really are special cars. Especially if you’re considering a fixed roof version.

That red C2S looks like a brilliant example and makes the GTS look very costly.

EDIT: there are a couple of pretty special 996 turbos on JZM’s site too...

Last edited:
Commissario
Thanks guys, I went down and had a look - sadly everything is sorn unless I convinced them that I was looking to buy today which is a bit :/

Only thing about the red c2s is no heated seats which the mrs wouldn’t be happy about!!

Soldato
That's a bit meh, surely it isn't a big deal for them to have trade plates that you can take cars out on?

The folding buckets don't appear to come heated, even now otherwise I'd have them in my Cayman. I guess warm bums aren't a priority with this sort of spec.

Commissario
That's a bit meh, surely it isn't a big deal for them to have trade plates that you can take cars out on?

The folding buckets don't appear to come heated, even now otherwise I'd have them in my Cayman. I guess warm bums aren't a priority with this sort of spec.
I know, a bit disappointing but hey ho. Might go back in the week when it’s a bit quieter and see what they can do!

Soldato
Sod that. I think you need to decide what 911 you actually want and go find one, you’ve linked 2 really different cars at wildly different prices.

Agreed. You've almost added 50% to.your budget, and ones a convertible. I'm all for test driving cars but try and whittle down some factors first.

Associate
Stumbled across a thread which mentions JZM's cars, and specifically that one on PH. https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=230&t=1810766

Id agree with the above that you should pin down what you want. That red JZM with the buckets has an insane spec, and you will be waiting a while to find another; if ever tbh.

One of the reasons that GTS models are so sought after and command the prices they do is about the combination of spec you get. You are basically guaranteed to get a 911 with pretty much all the nice options plus centrelocks and alcantara which you wont find on anything else outside of a GT product; and they have the powerkit :) whats not to like. I bought my GTS because finding the right combination of price/spec/miles/colour was practically impossible, and if you couple that with the better residuals then it can actually be cheaper in the long run.

Commissario
I was going to see if the price was negotiable, it does seem to tick all the boxes in terms of desirable options though (including the all important rear wiper!)

Soldato
I was going to see if the price was negotiable, it does seem to tick all the boxes in terms of desirable options though (including the all important rear wiper!)

Why a 911 as opposed to a cayman? You can get a much newer cayman, with more/better options for a very similar price, and my father said they drove fairly similarly (went from 911 to the cayman), albeit the cayman was a better daily.

Or 718 Boxter GTS?

Last edited:
Commissario
Why a 911 as opposed to a cayman? You can get a much newer cayman, with more/better options for a very similar price, and my father said they drove fairly similarly (went from 911 to the cayman), albeit the cayman was a better daily.

Or 718 Boxter GTS?
Cayman or Boxter don't really do it for me I'm afraid, plus there's a little more practicality with the "rear seats" in terms of storage.

Back
Top Bottom