Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

The GT3 looks fantastic @Gibbo hope it all proceeds as planned.

The cleaner lines of the non RS cars in a great colour make a really nice package. The extra performance of the RS must be quite a challenge to realise even on a track day.

Yep all is going ahead, sent him the money and I’m gonna pick it up next weekend. :)

D026D28A-DD51-4D40-A4F1-6181900AE063.jpeg

Photo he took its back on its original plate now and we just did the DVLA car sold thing online and so fingers crossed I should get log book next week and I’ll assign “GT03 GBO” and then when I go get it next weekend we’re gonna put them on the car. He is seeing if he can get the wheels changed to silver for me. :)

Silver wheels will definitely look good! Glad it’s happening for you.

Dare I ask about the engine issues on these? I guess if you’ve got a Porsche warranty you’re all good right?

Yep all good, but yes both the 991.1 GT3 and RS version have engine issues. The RS has no goodwill so they must be kept under warranty. The 991.1 GT3 has a 10yr goodwill engine warranty, but again as Porsche warranty is not outrageous expensive and essentially covers bumper to bumper on the car, it is well worth having.

Yep all good, but yes both the 991.1 GT3 and RS version have engine issues. The RS has no goodwill so they must be kept under warranty. The 991.1 GT3 has a 10yr goodwill engine warranty, but again as Porsche warranty is not outrageous expensive and essentially covers bumper to bumper on the car, it is well worth having.

will you notice any difference from that to RS for everyday driving absolutley not.
she is lovely.

I'd be tempted to stick with black wheels as you have the black decals, maybe a very dark grey. I love the silver on mine but would add these cars have the dustiest pads I've ever experienced so they look terrible 95% of the time.

I'd be tempted to stick with black wheels as you have the black decals, maybe a very dark grey. I love the silver on mine but would add these cars have the dustiest pads I've ever experienced so they look terrible 95% of the time.

Agreed, but love silver wheels and decals can always be removed.

Yep all is going ahead, sent him the money and I’m gonna pick it up next weekend. :)

D026D28A-DD51-4D40-A4F1-6181900AE063.jpeg

Photo he took its back on its original plate now and we just did the DVLA car sold thing online and so fingers crossed I should get log book next week and I’ll assign “GT03 GBO” and then when I go get it next weekend we’re gonna put them on the car. He is seeing if he can get the wheels changed to silver for me. :)

You didn’t want to keep the “WAP” plate? :D

Not quite a GT3 (thanks Gibbo for stealing my thunder ;)) but going to try and do a deal tomorrow on a GTS.

Went for a 2nd look yesterday and really liked the car, I do struggle to get my head around the pricing for the GTS as it ranges from £70k - £85k. £85k cars tend to have ceramics which reflects the expense of the option so this one is at the higher end but does have all of the options that are desirable for me and hoping that it will hold its value reasonably well.

• Jet Black metallic
  • 7 speed PDK
  • Extended black leather GTS interior with deviating stitching in carmine red
  • GTS heated Sports seats
  • GTS Alcantara interior pack
  • Full LED headlights with PDLS
  • Park assist front and rear
  • Cruise control
  • Instrument dials in Carmine red
  • PCM3 Sat Nav with Bluetooth
  • Bose surround system
  • Auto dim interior mirror with rain sensors
  • Tinted rear windows

The company has some amazing cars in the showroom and in for service (had a Carrera GT last time I visited) and seem to have a great reputation, car had a thorough inspection and will have new rear disc and pads fitted along with getting the wheels resprayed (power coated) in a colour of my choice as there is a very small amount of road rash. I'm thinking either Aurum or Weiss Gold to keep it a Porsche colour that's not black.

Might be biased but arent we all, but had this 991.1 GTS for 3.5 years now and still not sure what id replace it with outside a touring. The current market is nuts and its worth about the same maybe a little more now than when I bought it. Plenty of good ideas above but if you can get into one of these you wont regret it. Best sounding 911 outside a GT3 and their only getting worse in that respect, liveable tech (BT streaming) and a great sports car, daily or grand tourer. it literally does it all, and the flat six NA howl is amazing. Already planning next years trips with it.

Picture because why not.
wslaS22.jpg

Just an FYI, those with 981/991.1 era cars PCM 3.1 is easy peasy to upgrade to CarPlay now.

You can get a kit from here https://www.isudar.com/products/car...-cayenne-macan-cayman-boxster-911-718-pcm-3-1

It’s all on one PCB now, no extra cabling or breakout box required. I’ve done it in my GT4 and it’s great, took about 2 hours to DIY most of which is trying to be careful with the trim and not skin your knuckles.

JHIAxAPh.jpg

Just an FYI, those with 981/991.1 era cars PCM 3.1 is easy peasy to upgrade to CarPlay now.

You can get a kit from here https://www.isudar.com/products/car...-cayenne-macan-cayman-boxster-911-718-pcm-3-1

It’s all on one PCB now, no extra cabling or breakout box required. I’ve done it in my GT4 and it’s great, took about 2 hours to DIY most of which is trying to be careful with the trim and not skin your knuckles.

JHIAxAPh.jpg

Very nice is this something I can do on my 2014 GT3 as well?

JHIAxAPh.jpg
Looks good and certainly of interest. Only concern is that if I want Porsche warranty in the future, this would invalidate it. Do you know if it's just the PCM part or the whole warranty?

Very nice is this something I can do on my 2014 GT3 as well?
Yep, if it's got BT streaming and the Nav button already that's the 'best' PCM and will upgrade to this easy. If it's any 'less' than that PCM you need to run a mic and other antennae yourself.
Looks good and certainly of interest. Only concern is that if I want Porsche warranty in the future, this would invalidate it. Do you know if it's just the PCM part or the whole warranty?
Yes it will void the PCM warranty. I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky for it to go wrong or for it to be discovered and get in the way of a claim elsewhere. Technically you could quite easily remove the PCB and put it back to factory if you're careful with the warranty sticker on the unit.

It works well but does somewhat expose the fact it's a >10 year old touchscreen so don't expect perfection, but it's quick enough and totally usable. Have had it in for couple months now all good.

Yep, if it's got BT streaming and the Nav button already that's the 'best' PCM and will upgrade to this easy. If it's any 'less' than that PCM you need to run a mic and other antennae yourself.

Yes it will void the PCM warranty. I think you'd have to be extremely unlucky for it to go wrong or for it to be discovered and get in the way of a claim elsewhere. Technically you could quite easily remove the PCB and put it back to factory if you're careful with the warranty sticker on the unit.

It works well but does somewhat expose the fact it's a >10 year old touchscreen so don't expect perfection, but it's quick enough and totally usable. Have had it in for couple months now all good.

Yeah its got bluetooth and NAV. :)

Back
Top Bottom