Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

ok whats a top paint job 5K still worth it :D

Seriously you don't do a paint job on such an expensive car, just wasted cost and will also de-value the car. Buy the right colour in the first place and UV, Lava, Guards red were all at the top, just did not want Lava on the basis on having an orange car already, otherwise Lava would also be fine as its also a great colour.

Seriously you don't do a paint job on such an expensive car, just wasted cost and will also de-value the car. Buy the right colour in the first place and UV, Lava, Guards red were all at the top, just did not want Lava on the basis on having an orange car already, otherwise Lava would also be fine as its also a great colour.

just tickling Gibbo she is a beauty.

Fantastic car and spec, folding buckets are pretty uncommon but kind of useful on a non clubsport. Good price considering the PPF and exhaust aswell, surprised he didn't take the exhaust off to resell.

Well Porsche offered him 105k trade in, along with a 2.5k discount on basis of trade in on car he is after and he valued exhaust at 2.5k in private quick sale as such arriving at 110k value for me to buy, which was fair enough.

Most 991.1 GT3 seem to have folding buckets, the 918 buckets seems a very rare option in the 991.1 GT3, think they were the standard fitment in the 991.1 RS, I just had to have buckets personally and did not care which type but like you say the folding buckets have advantages, plus my mate with a sapphire blue 991.1 GT3 has fitted rear seats into his GT3 due to having a couple of kids, which looks totally OEM and is probably the only GT3 in UK (none touring) with rear seats and belts.

Well Porsche offered him 105k trade in, along with a 2.5k discount on basis of trade in on car he is after and he valued exhaust at 2.5k in private quick sale as such arriving at 110k value for me to buy, which was fair enough.

Most 991.1 GT3 seem to have folding buckets, the 918 buckets seems a very rare option in the 991.1 GT3, think they were the standard fitment in the 991.1 RS, I just had to have buckets personally and did not care which type but like you say the folding buckets have advantages, plus my mate with a sapphire blue 991.1 GT3 has fitted rear seats into his GT3 due to having a couple of kids, which looks totally OEM and is probably the only GT3 in UK (none touring) with rear seats and belts.

what is he upgrading too ?

Need to come up with a name for your garage now Shmee @Gibbo

How many cars you got now in the collection :D

458, Vette, Exige, GT3, Aston, Spyder, GR Yaris and Emira en-route. :D

I keep saying, downsize, downsize, lol, maybe next year or when the next USED special ICE cars surge in price again in a few years. ;)

Special car and on further reflection a great deal, think you've done well there. Probably won't cost you a penny beyond servicing fuel and insurance for a couple years at least. We need to arrange an OcUK track outing.

Special car and on further reflection a great deal, think you've done well there. Probably won't cost you a penny beyond servicing fuel and insurance for a couple years at least. We need to arrange an OcUK track outing.

I am at Gawsworth Hall 3rd of June and Donnington in July with Lotus on Track with Exige. Will be sorting more track days and stuff as well later in year.

As I've just obtained some steels and RS19/29 pads for the 458 to vastly improve the on track braking performance so will be looking to get a few track days in to take the 458, Exige, Emira and GT3 on. :)

I am at Gawsworth Hall 3rd of June and Donnington in July with Lotus on Track with Exige. Will be sorting more track days and stuff as well later in year.

As I've just obtained some steels and RS19/29 pads for the 458 to vastly improve the on track braking performance so will be looking to get a few track days in to take the 458, Exige, Emira and GT3 on. :)
I'll be at Donington but the August day with LoT, places do come up as people drop out.

458, Vette, Exige, GT3, Aston, Spyder, GR Yaris and Emira en-route. :D

I keep saying, downsize, downsize, lol, maybe next year or when the next USED special ICE cars surge in price again in a few years. ;)

Eight cars, good enough for me mate

You ever though of selling a few and buying something really bonkers? I know you wanted a speciale at one point. Don't know how you have the time to drive them all (or pay for all the petrol).

also, has an EV ever tempted you? Taycan turbo S? I'm booked in with Audi to have a test drive of the Etron GT this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Shmuseum Gibbseum :D

Eight cars, good enough for me mate

You ever though of selling a few and buying something really bonkers? I know you wanted a speciale at one point. Don't know how you have the time to drive them all (or pay for all the petrol).

also, has an EV ever tempted you? Taycan turbo S? I'm booked in with Audi to have a test drive of the Etron GT this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Shmuseum Gibbseum :D

Out right straight line performance is not really my thing otherwise I’d just buy something like a Tesla Plaid but the honest truth is I find them boring just not my thing as a fun car. As an A to B method of transport then absolutely but I like fun cars and my idea of fun is NA high revving and lightweight and sounds good.

The petrol well I can only drive one at a time so that is irrelevant.

I’d love a Speciale but I try to buy quite smart and I’m not buying one now after they have jumped so much in price and to be brutally honest I’d far rather have a 458 and GT3 rather than just a Speciale and the latter is hugely sensitive to mileage and I do drive my cars so I’d devalue such a car quite a bit unless they literally keep going up towards a million.

The GT3 looks fantastic @Gibbo hope it all proceeds as planned.

The cleaner lines of the non RS cars in a great colour make a really nice package. The extra performance of the RS must be quite a challenge to realise even on a track day.

Back
Top Bottom