Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Wishing you boys some luck because it's in damn short supply at the minute!

I think I might have had some finally... was a hose clip that had failed so straightforward fix. Also identified the drive belt tensioner needed replacing which hopefully will avoid any expensive failures going forwards.

Anyway, I was extremely lucky to have the Finesse for a day!

Soldato
Hopefully a daft question but I'm stuck. I have a USB stick with MP3s and PCM 3.1 plays them in alphabetical order. I thought the files might be missing track numbers or the mp3 could be incorrectly tagged but both are spot on.

How do I get the MP3s played in Album order?

Caporegime
Hopefully a daft question but I'm stuck. I have a USB stick with MP3s and PCM 3.1 plays them in alphabetical order. I thought the files might be missing track numbers or the mp3 could be incorrectly tagged but both are spot on.

I never managed it. The system is possessed as far as I can tell.

Soldato

I never managed it. The system is possessed as far as I can tell.
I put CarPlay in mine, worth it a million times over.

Soldato
Wow, makes my Mr12Volt Heath Robinson job on PCM 2.1 look amazing. That remembers my phone and resumes playlists!

One of the Porsche dealerships told me that I’d need to remove the Parrot Bluetooth adaptor before they would consider warrantying the car :rolleyes:

Associate
Porsche Leicester have had a look at my car and concluded it is the Oil Air Separator thats failed so its going to get changed along with a few hoses to the turbos that were found to have oil in. Parts ordered and should be done by end of next week due to volumes.

Fingers and toes crossed this finally fixes the issue!

Man of Honour
Porsche Leicester have had a look at my car and concluded it is the Oil Air Separator thats failed so its going to get changed along with a few hoses to the turbos that were found to have oil in. Parts ordered and should be done by end of next week due to volumes.

Fingers and toes crossed this finally fixes the issue!
Was yours the one trying to send smoke signals?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

So I decided to refit the factory exhaust (service coming up), now I decided to do this the longest way possible, essentially removing everything, may take longer but means I have far more room to work with and as such no having to wriggle things around and risking damaging anything.

Also decided to check out the air filters which seem clean enough but I suspect those will be changed at the service anyway.

GT1.jpg GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT4.jpg

Car comes apart so easily, even better news all the manifold nuts/studs came undone without any casualties as I am changing the manifolds, catalyst and entire rear section back to factory system. Manage to get the 02 sensors from passenger side off, but drivers side are more stubborn, so taking those to local garage who will have better tools and can wizz them off for me. But the entire system is removed, the factory manifolds and catalyst are fitted.

Left to do is fit the 02 sensors to drivers side and then refit the catback section and then refit all heatshields and bumper and job be done. Also the tools required to dismantle the car was literally around 3-4 tools, very well thought out and easy to work on. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Fair play. Wonder how that sounds. Sometimes quieter is better

Indeed, I shall be leaving the stock system fitted for a while anyway as I want to get some track days booked and as regular track days are £130-£300 is far cheaper than £550-£750 for unsilenced days, hopefully the stock system will pass the noise test and Donnington and Oulton Park, would hope so as seen plenty of other GT3's stock running without issue. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
This is something that so many people fail to realise sometimes. It's not the volume, it's the tone.

In fairness the IPE does have amazing tone even though it’s loud, why it’s one of the more popular systems but I’m glad I did not pay the £7000 for it, but it does sound immense but is too loud for track days which defeats owning a GT3.

Back
Top Bottom