Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Shame @Gibbo but you only live once I suppose. Wouldn't be surprised if Ashgood try and buy them from you!

They offered me 146k for the pair, I've declined, had an offer of 108k against the GT3 so far from a private buyer. They also offered me their signal yellow PTS GT3 RS for 166k, kind of tempting but that is a big premium for a PTS colour as the car has nearly 18k miles as well.

Commissario
They offered me 146k for the pair, I've declined, had an offer of 108k against the GT3 so far from a private buyer. They also offered me their signal yellow PTS GT3 RS for 166k, kind of tempting but that is a big premium for a PTS colour as the car has nearly 18k miles as well.
Think you've priced fairly, hold out tbh.

OcUK Staff
OP
Think you've priced fairly, hold out tbh.

I've priced towards the upper end but in fairness show me another Guards Red car, there is hardly any and my car has the stuff people want buckets, carbon, extended leather, lifter etc and some prefer steel brakes due to lower consumable cost.
The Spyder is very rare having the ceramics, manual and buckets.

So yep no need to give them away, literally within 5 minutes of the GT3 advert going live I had a call from a trader trying to low ball me at 102k, I was like thank you but the advert has been live literally for minutes so I really don't need to be accepting any offers right now.

Anything around 110k will buy the GT3.

Soldato
Early days and unless you've got a unicorn McLaren lined up then there isn't any rush. Looks like a great buy at £110k compared to the other cars. Are the carbon buckets really a £14k price premium over the other guards red car? Not suggesting that your price is incorrect, just wondering how rare they are!

You're in a great position and it's a fantastic time to be a car enthusiast if you've got a couple of halo cars in the collection!

OcUK Staff
OP
Early days and unless you've got a unicorn McLaren lined up then there isn't any rush. Looks like a great buy at £110k compared to the other cars. Are the carbon buckets really a £14k price premium over the other guards red car? Not suggesting that your price is incorrect, just wondering how rare they are!

You're in a great position and it's a fantastic time to be a car enthusiast if you've got a couple of halo cars in the collection!

That car is 105k, my car is listed at 119k, will take offers. That car is missing a lot of optional extras that my car has:
- Carbon buckets
- Extended leather interior with red stitching (a must unless your happy with a plastic dash in your 100k car)
- Carbon interior and kick plates
- Recent major 8yr service (£2000 cost)
- Red matching stiching throughout on the doors and seated
- Heated seats
- 2yr OPC warranty
- Full XPEL Ultimate recent coating, cost typically £5000 to do new

I think the car at 105k has none of the above, options on these kind of cars make quite a difference to resale.

My car basically is a far superior and more desirable specification in arguably better condition with perfect paint and a full Porsche extended warranty with Porsche assistance. At 110k mates rates I'd say it is worth 5k extra all day long. I've advertised it higher because I feel it is where it sits in the market and I've not found a unicorn Mclaren yet.

In fact the Mclaren I was close to placing a deposit on I tracked down the original owner who based warned me off the car, ceramics due replacement, had a 2nd gear issue though only once and it was starting to have corrosion issues for the second time, he handed it back after his PCP deal of 32k down and £800 per month ended, it had done a lot of track days. An honest car but probably needs 30k worth of work, pretty shoddy it is been sold as an approved car, certainly does make buying a Mclaren somewhat hit and miss.

Spoken to a few other owners, one guy has a 600LT, GT3 RS and also has driven a Pista on track a few times and has a 296 on order. His view is the 600LT is better than them all as a driving machine, even better than the Pista, more exciting, he even said it is more capable track car as well, the downside been it is crazy expensive to be tracking it and hence he got the GT3 RS for his track days as its a much cheaper car to run when doing track days and the 600 LT is his daily driver and occaisonal track day car.

The general theme seems to be nothing drives better than a 600 LT and they are extremely capable, another owner replaced his 458, then GT3 RS with one and loves it, he says he misses the 458 but does not miss the GT3 RS as the 600 LT is so good, the downside is running cost and potential issues and Mclarens lack of ability to deal with them another guy just sold his 600 LT and side stepped into a 488, his reasoning is the Ferrari hospitality and dealer experience was simply on another level and hence stepping into a Ferrari.

I think it is worth the gamble, I will just do my absolute best to buy a good example and do lots of due diligence before buying, as Mclaren dealerships can also be funny with warranty claims, you don't expect that kind of stuff on cars in warranty but I guess it is why the brand has its issues due to reliability issues and the customer service been hit and miss. I am probably their worse kind of customer (youtuber aside) as I am not made of money so will buy both very carefully but also aggressively, I won't just drop 150-175k on a car unless it is absolutely perfect.

I must say my visit to Manchester was on another level compared to when I visited around four years ago, so they have made a major CS improvement on a sales front so I guess heading in the right direction, just sad that a new car can have corrosion issues and other niggles, even cars with PPF from new can have issues.

Soldato
I've put both Porsches up for sale:

Going to move to the dark side and try a Mclaren. :eek:
If it goes wrong I'll be back in a Porsche and no doubt jump into an RS.

Also for anyone un-aware and is due to extend their Porsche Warranty, the extended warranty cost are going up in September I have heard, but anyone buying a 1yr, 2yr or 3yr policy this month can get them at the old prices, no idea how much they are going up by but based on other brands probably circa 10-20%.

Very nice, you not thought about using collecting cars site too?

OcUK Staff
OP
600LT is immense. Get a good one and they are the best value by a country mile. I’m likely to go 720 I think.

Yep bit of a mindfield finding a good one, but once the cash is in my bank from the GT3 sale, I can be on the look out, if a totally perfect spec car for me pops up I will probably jump on it even if its around 170k, otherwise I will sit back and wait for the big crash to happen or hope it happens and then jump on a car that fits the bill and seems decent.

720S going to crash hard for sure, can see those around 120k come new year. Lot of car for the dosh, just not the car for me, has to be the LT.

Man of Honour
Yep bit of a mindfield finding a good one, but once the cash is in my bank from the GT3 sale, I can be on the look out, if a totally perfect spec car for me pops up I will probably jump on it even if its around 170k, otherwise I will sit back and wait for the big crash to happen or hope it happens and then jump on a car that fits the bill and seems decent.

720S going to crash hard for sure, can see those around 120k come new year. Lot of car for the dosh, just not the car for me, has to be the LT.
At your age I would chose the 600LT, at my age the clever damping is nicererer but I am still nervous of gullwing doors.

Associate
I don't know if this is your cup of tea but that MSO Blue is lovely

Then this Apex Clubsport with the Senna seats 1 of 2 right hand drive in the uk out of 20 in the world

Looks very similar to this car...... is someone really putting 400 miles on it and trying to make 25k profit?

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't know if this is your cup of tea but that MSO Blue is lovely

Then this Apex Clubsport with the Senna seats 1 of 2 right hand drive in the uk out of 20 in the world

Looks very similar to this car...... is someone really putting 400 miles on it and trying to make 25k profit?

The white ones look like a Storm Trooper, the Scott Hardy car was offered to me before it went up for sale, it is absolutely stunning but I don't want a white car and when paying 100k plus for a car it HAS to be a colour I want and NO I am not wrapping a 100k plus car, money down the drain! It must also be a Spider, DO NOT want a coupe! Need to be fully exposed to that top mount exhaust which a Spider does perfectly with dropping down the rear window or folding the roof away. :)

The blue car I do like a lot, there is two for sale, one with 1k miles and one with 6k miles. Problem is neither have any exterior carbon which can make shifting on hard work, no doubt hence why those cars are sitting around even though they are stunning, maybe potential for a deal though. Not rushing into Mclaren ownership as I don't want to be stung with like potentially 30k or more depreciation.

OcUK Staff
OP
I like how the APEX Clubsport description uses the phrase "shod with".

Had a look at APEX Italy car when I test drove the red one, does nothing for me in person, I'm just not fond of white cars. Has to be Mclaren orange or Papaya or Helios orange, will also consider pearlescent red, blue, yellow or green too. Absolutely no white, black or darker hues of blue/purple, but I will admit the black really works on a Mclaren looks like bat mobile, but black cars just look grubby all the time, so not for me.

Back
Top Bottom