Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Sold my Porsches at right time, glad I did but its happening across entire market, just Porsche prices are dropping more as there bubble has been due an almighty POP for sometime now.

A year ago a 992 GT3 fetched overs around 250k, plenty for sale now around 170k, that means trade will now be circa 130-140k on those, anyone silly enough to pay 250k on one has gotten burnt.
GT4 RS just a few months ago were 200k plus, plenty now for sale around 170k

Used car sales slowed big time and there is plenty of inventory to pick from, buyers market for sure, if I was buying a 992 GT3 I'd be doing cheeky 140-150k offers, probably be someone desperate to sell who needs to be out and can see GT4 RS dropping more too.

Not that I am buying but if I was have to say I'd really struggle between a 992 GT3 manual and a GT4 RS on which one to buy....though saying that totally pointless for me as I'll keep the 600 LT Spider, far more car than these glorified beetles. :D

Associate
Interesting times and the interest rates are obviously having an effect on luxury purchases. In reality though I’ve lost far more on normal cars over the years than the Porsche and it’s fairly non issue over five years etc. it’s only the flippers getting burned right now as the market goes back to normal depreciation and the days of big overs are done with.

…and with that said my GTS I said I’d never sell was traded for a GT3 last week and I couldn’t be happier. There are good deals to be done, and 10k here or there isn’t something I’ll worry about; I’ll be concentrating on the trips and experiences for the next 5! Pics to follow but 991.2 clubsport! 9k rpm is unreal, this is so unlike my GTS in every way. :p

Soldato
So I'm back looking at 981s. I'd previously decided to build up my savings again, so picked up a (lovely) 135i as my interim car.

Spec priority has changed a little, having learned a few things.

• E.g. the standard Xenon lights on the 981 S are only 25w variants. You need PDLS to get the higher power Xenons.
  • Dimming mirrors are a must for me - I've got them on my 135i and with the 981 being even lower, it would be imperative that I'm not blinded by people retrofitting LEDs into reflector headlights...
  • 20 inch wheels have PS4S option. The P Zeros are horrific tyres.
  • PCM is needed for CarPlay retrofit

Guards red is the colour of choice for me. Preferable to have ~30k miles, as it means I can put 20k on it and still only be at 50k.

GTS is much easier to find with the right spec.

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en-GB/details/porsche-boxster-gts-preowned-236589 as an example seems to have everything on it I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll give this a watch later, thanks for sharing.

Father in law had a Targa for about 2 years. His Porsche dealer got in touch and offered him more money back so they could sell it on?! He took a Cayenne and cash in exchange. The Cayenne lasted a few months before he chopped it in for a Cayman. Was never keen on the Targa but the Cayman is nice.

Caporegime
Just seen a Porsche dealer offering £47k off a brand new unregistered Porsche taycan cross turismo turbo S. The bubble has definitely burst at the top end of the market.

Sort of feel sorry for anybody who might have paid full list price a mere 6 months ago.

Soldato
Just seen a Porsche dealer offering £47k off a brand new unregistered Porsche taycan cross turismo turbo S. The bubble has definitely burst at the top end of the market.

Sort of feel sorry for anybody who might have paid full list price a mere 6 months ago.

I know someone who bought a Taycan at pretty much peak price, took 18 months to get it delivered, and was done so without a few of the key options.

I'd have been fuming.

Market is definitely dropping at the moment. Using the AT tracker extension, I can see that quite a few cars have been up for 2+ months, have dropped several thousand pounds and still aren't selling.

I might start getting very cheeky on the offers and see if anyone will bite.

My dad is looking at a 718 GTS 4.0

New, it comes out at 77k with options. He's seen a used one at 70k with better options, a year old and 10k odd miles, but it has been up since September. I reckon he'll be able to squeeze them down to 65k quite easily since it's a private sale.

Caporegime
I know someone who bought a Taycan at pretty much peak price, took 18 months to get it delivered, and was done so without a few of the key options.

I'd have been fuming.

Market is definitely dropping at the moment. Using the AT tracker extension, I can see that quite a few cars have been up for 2+ months, have dropped several thousand pounds and still aren't selling.

I might start getting very cheeky on the offers and see if anyone will bite.

My dad is looking at a 718 GTS 4.0

New, it comes out at 77k with options. He's seen a used one at 70k with better options, a year old and 10k odd miles, but it has been up since September. I reckon he'll be able to squeeze them down to 65k quite easily since it's a private sale.

Yeah the one that is £47k off is a fully loaded £177k car on the configurator with pretty much every option box ticked so too ridiculous for most people but its up for sale at £130k. It does mean though that people like you know who might have bought sensibly specced ones for £150k-£160k should be looking now that their starting point is less than £130k and used is maybe closer to £100k and will have lost £50-£60k depreciation in just a few months. :O

Currently 20 718 GTS 4.0 for sale across the country at Porsche dealerships unregistered. I notice they are all list price though and no price drops yet. But it wont be long as they sit there unsold.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah the one that is £47k off is a fully loaded £177k car on the configurator with pretty much every option box ticked so too ridiculous for most people but its up for sale at £130k. It does mean though that people like you know who might have bought sensibly specced ones for £150k-£160k should be looking now that their starting point is less than £130k and used is maybe closer to £100k and will have lost £50-£60k depreciation in just a few months. :O

Currently 20 718 GTS 4.0 for sale across the country at Porsche dealerships unregistered. I notice they are all list price though and no price drops yet. But it wont be long as they sit there unsold.

Rumour is Porsche has a serious overstock issue on these and within certain groups the trade prices banded around are in the 70-80k region, so its an absolute blood bath.

Soldato
If only he wasn't so set on the colour. He can order one to be built but can't imagine Porsche will want to do a discount on a build slot, but rather existing stock.

The GTS I'm looking at has been sat there since September - mighty tempting to send a cheeky offer. But just don't need a GTS and no rush to buy one. Could easily save £10k which pays for all the servicing/wearables I'll ever have on the car.

Back
Top Bottom