Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Looks like a perfect day for it! Which beach did you drive to? Can’t wait for some warmer days for roof down driving.

Harlech, stunning place and a great castle too!

Lol silly Gibbo. Lesson learned and certainly not something you'd think of if you weren't expecting it. Glad it didn't shaft you too much on the day though.

Yeah we were only there thirty minutes longer than planned and it was a nice place to be.

OcUK Staff
OP
Porsche market seems to be getting more bonkers by the day, the bubble does not seem to be popping.

I've been looking for a GT3 RS 991.1 in purple, spotted one on Ashgoods at 149k, went to buy, too slow, it was then re-listed by another dealer at 159k and sold within 2 days.
Ashgoods then got another higher mileage example at 148k, again went to buy, beaten to it again.

991.1 RS particular in purple seem to sell within hours, minutes when at 145-160k price region, the two cars at 172k are a bit rich for me, basically 20-30k more for same car and one is a heavily modified MR car which although very nice does somewhat put me off with lack of warranty and its been for sale for a few months so obviously off putting for many.

I've put a few feelers out but if anyone knows anyone with a purple RS at fair money I am after one, a higher miler is fine as I am buying to drive, not an investment.

Can this Porsche madness continue? The GT cars seem to be going mental in value, do people think it will pop or will Porsche GT cars simply weather any recession and keep moving up, bit like Speciale's are now approaching 400k.....

Man of Honour
Porsche market seems to be getting more bonkers by the day, the bubble does not seem to be popping.

I've been looking for a GT3 RS 991.1 in purple, spotted one on Ashgoods at 149k, went to buy, too slow, it was then re-listed by another dealer at 159k and sold within 2 days.
Ashgoods then got another higher mileage example at 148k, again went to buy, beaten to it again.

991.1 RS particular in purple seem to sell within hours, minutes when at 145-160k price region, the two cars at 172k are a bit rich for me, basically 20-30k more for same car and one is a heavily modified MR car which although very nice does somewhat put me off with lack of warranty and its been for sale for a few months so obviously off putting for many.

I've put a few feelers out but if anyone knows anyone with a purple RS at fair money I am after one, a higher miler is fine as I am buying to drive, not an investment.

Can this Porsche madness continue? The GT cars seem to be going mental in value, do people think it will pop or will Porsche GT cars simply weather any recession and keep moving up, bit like Speciale's are now approaching 400k.....
Ha - I saw the shoutout from a buyer, presume on your behalf.....almost sold my .1 RS last week but I just can't do it. They're great cars.

Wouldn't worry too much about the MR mods, unless you crack a carbon disc....something like £4k for the pair or £3500 for one :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Ha - I saw the shoutout from a buyer, presume on your behalf.....almost sold my .1 RS last week but I just can't do it. They're great cars.

Wouldn't worry too much about the MR mods, unless you crack a carbon disc....something like £4k for the pair or £3500 for one :D

What colour is your .1 RS mate, you enjoying it?

Just the lack of warranty puts me off MR car I did speak with RPM about it and just said I would go for it if it was 150k which of course they can’t do.

I’m gonna buy a set of the Surface Transform disc for my 458 which is £9500 +VAT for the full set plus brake pads and fitting, already got performance pads and probably fit myself.

Yes shout out is on my behalf. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Porsche market is crazy but there will come a point where it pops just no idea when.

I know Hexagon are reknowned for higher pricing but this is a joke - https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/porsche-997-2-991-carrera-4-gts-coupe

I've been researching and speaking to the people in the know as much as possible.

In short I am been told the market is quieting for general used car sales and prices will begin to soften, but the total opposite is happening on special hero ICE cars, as such demand for cars like Lotus, Porsche and some Ferrari's has exploded, forcing pricing up and even then stock still seems to be moving. One of my mates with a 458 just listed it for sale at 179k, nearly 200k for a 458, admittedly it is a spec that has everything people look for and it has only done 9500 miles, will be interesting to see if he sells it and what he gets, but a dealer offered him 162k. Even mine is now worth more than I paid even though I've added 15,000 miles to the clock, lol.

These people can't even give a clear answer on what a full recession will do to such cars, because the argument is the people buying presently are not necessarily investors but people buying cars that were their dream to buy and essentially keep, drive enjoy and keep. As such if the market pops the fear is the prices on special stuff like GT Porsches, Lotus and other Ferrari marques won't be hit too hard and could even still continue to rise if the pool of available used cars continues to decrease because people are buying them to keep them. A guy in one of the Porsche social groups I am in just paid 175k for a 991.1 GT3 RS, simply because he had to have Guards red, those who know will know that is rare in .1 RS colours, his reasoning is that it is his dream car, he has paid cash, he will keep it and when it passes away it will go to family, and this seems a bit of theme in supercar groups at the moment, of course at the same time quite a few are selling up as well because the car they paid 120-130k for 12 months ago, they can now sell for 150-160k, the crazy thing is they are selling them easily and sometimes within minutes of posting.

In a few whatsapp groups, Ferrari, Lotus Porsche owners etc. are all in same mindset because the future has the following to look forward too in regards to exciting and fun to drive ICE cars:
- Lotus Emira (namely V6 manual, though AMG will be popular)
- Porsche GT4 RS - problem there, no one will get one just a few and those who decided to sell will be able to command 250k plus
- Porsche GT3 RS - same as above, except expect 350k plus on used market.
- Corvette Z06 - Very limited UK market even if it comes in RHD, plus its biggest issue is its size and it is not exactly a looker, but you can bet it will be an epic drive, but again expect it be sell used for more than it does new.
- Toyota GR86 - Sold out in 40 minutes, not exactly the league of above cars but still a damn good fun car and it sold so quick, so again expect residuals to remain strong for potentially years.

Then seriously what other ICE cars can we expect which are fun, the answer is not many.

This is what is creating somewhat the issue, all the hero cars, all the cars reviewers raved about and are all of a sudden coming under the spot light again on stuff like older GT3's, Cayman R, Exiges, 458's, GT350's, LFA's, S2000 these markets are going literally bat beep beep mental, people are rushing to buy stuff and not necessarily for investment but more because they always wanted one and this could be the last chance.

Yeah the bubble could pop and you will be knocking 20% of every GT Porsche in six months, alternatively all the nicer examples will get bought up and thus be another 20% more expensive or people will literally just be able to command the price they want because the market of available examples is so small to none existent.

With increasing % on loans, mortgages people free cash is diminishing but used car sales on special stuff seems to still be accelerating, either people are getting ahead of themselves or there is a lot more wealthier people around now and thus realising the nice stuff is no more and as such buying it up.

Soldato
How many times can you get a ticket for no front plate before it gets serious?

Asking for a mate!
Who travels up and down the M6 everyday;)

Man of Honour

Voodoo blue mine is. Drives great, sounds great. My .2 WP though is better in every way except sound. And colour...

The STs are great!

OcUK Staff
OP
Voodoo blue mine is. Drives great, sounds great. My .2 WP though is better in every way except sound. And colour...

The STs are great!

What are STs? Do you mean brakes?

I’ve been offered a Lava Orange with 6500 miles with plenty of options for 155k which I’m somewhat tempted by but gonna try and hold out for a purple one.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo

Already looked at this, no warranty and a lot of hard track work, no way am I dropping 170k on a car with known engine issues and no warranty. The owner of the car wants high 160's minimum so someone else can buy it.

One thing I am learning hunting for a 991.1 GT3 RS they have the same engine issue as regular 991.1 GT3 as I've been offered 2-3 cars now all of which have either had a new engine or an engine rebuild under warranty, a bill which can cost upto 40k, as such the Porsche warranty is an absolute must.

I've considered the 991.2 GT3 but love the looks of the 991.1 GT3 RS most, I have considered maybe stretching myself to a 991.2 GT3 RS but at 220k is too much money and with the markets maybe making a turn I can sit back and watch and potentially pounce on something that is a good buy for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom