• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1zxnmrr.jpg

she knows;)

This is the same guy that said a 295X full fat Hawaii was waiting in the wings.

Also is it Bermuda or Fiji the top SKU, it seems to change every time a new story is published.

This is the same guy that said a 295X full fat Hawaii was waiting in the wings.

Also is it Bermuda or Fiji the top SKU, it seems to change every time a new story is published.

Yeah few people said AMD had another high end card waiting to launch, wasn't there going to be a 285X as well. Maybe Maxwell could have altered AMD plans..

Pretty sure both new high end cards are gonna awesome.

Argue about which 5% is faster? :p

Lol :D

With 40% more SP's alone i would expect it to be at least 20% better than the 290X, with HBM it should be 30 to 50%

Can't wait to see what new ideas HBM unlocks for graphics, maybe even some AMD demos if we're lucky.

Yeah looking forward to getting some info that we know is legit. HBM and all them shaders should be really good GPU performance. Interested to see if upcoming APU's get HBM as well, would give them a massive boost in performance, 4 CPU cores, 2GB HBM on chip and 768 shaders would be beast.

What does HBM supposed to do? Does it only increase the bandwidth, the thing we don't currently saturate.

I think it might also help with power consumption too?? Not sure about that one.

However. funnily enough despite Hawaii having 40% more shaders than Tahiti,and the GK110 having 88% more shaders than the GK104,performance does scale that well. I do wonder if bandwidth considerations are an issue too???

What does HBM supposed to do? Does it only increase the bandwidth, the thing we don't currently saturate.

I think it might also help with power consumption too?? Not sure about that one.

However. funnily enough despite Hawaii having 40% more shaders than Tahiti,and the GK110 having 88% more shaders than the GK104,performance does scale that well. I do wonder if bandwidth considerations are an issue too???

Yeah reduction in power consumption and big jump in bandwidth. All good things..

ucWqyMZ.jpg.png
5EuoEC3.jpg

Traditionally if you over clock your Card you get 0.6 from the GPU and 0.3 From the VRam.

So a 10% overclock on the core = 6% and 10% overclock on the VRam = 3%

So in theory if you add 40% more shaders you get about 25%, add 80% more memory bandwidth and get another 20%, totalling 45%

Traditionally if you over clock your Card you get 0.6 from the GPU and 0.3 From the VRam.

So a 10% overclock on the core = 6% and 10% overclock on the VRam = 3%

So in theory if you add 40% more shaders you get about 25%, add 80% more memory bandwidth and get another 20%, totalling 45%

Did you just pull this out of your ass? Btw, 0.6 would be 60% while 0.3 would be 30% lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom