• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is the R9 290X had 40% more shaders than the R9 280X,more ROPS and more memory bandwidth,and even the GTX780TI had 88% more shaders than a GTX770,more ROPs and memory bandwidth and were not necessarily 40% and 88% faster at 2560X1600 and 1920X1080.

Hence,there appears to be other bottlenecks which need to be worked out too - memory bandwith,tessellation,etc .

Did you just pull this out of your ass? Btw, 0.6 would be 60% while 0.3 would be 30% lol

No, it comes from a lot of testing.

And Dude, learn how to read English.

A 0.6 and 0.3 ratio divided in 10 = 6 and 3

Traditionally if you over clock your Card you get 0.6 from the GPU and 0.3 From the VRam.

So a 10% overclock on the core = 6% and 10% overclock on the VRam = 3%

6 in 10 / 3 in 10

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/36326-amd-to-launch-faster-hawaii-iteration

Highly suspect. This is after all the "tech site" telling us 30fps is enough...

Plus the "full fat Hawaii" is already in 290X according to AMD. Can't really see them bothering with a slight clock bump either.

They could make a Tonga based 290X.

The colour and texture compression tech in Tonga would give it another 5 to 15% depending on the game.

If they also add HBM to it.... who knows.

6 in 10 / 3 in 10

Alright alright i won't comment on that topic anymore.

But come on, that's low lol. I don't speak English natively.

On the other hand i have noticed that most people on here aren't that good at writing stuff in English... Which is weird considering most grew up with it :).

Or i could be wrong, maybe the difference between you're and your, there and they're is very difficult and i'm gifted to know the difference :S

Alright alright i won't comment on that topic anymore.

But come on, that's low lol. I don't speak English natively.

On the other hand i have noticed that most people on here aren't that good at writing stuff in English... Which is weird considering most grew up with it :).

Or i could be wrong, maybe the difference between you're and your, there and they're is very difficult and i'm gifted to know the difference :S

Britain is a small island but has many different dialects. :)

I wonder if AMD will actually supply this card with a half decent stock HSF rather then the one supplied by the lowest bidder this time around? Every review I've read bar non has moaned about how loud the stock cooler is on AMD's top end cards since the 6970 days.

6 in 10 / 3 in 10

Not saying your numbers are wrong ( I actually agree with them), but using 6 in 10 and 3 in 10 as examples to get to 0.6% and 0.3% is not necessarily the best idea. ;)

did i say 0.6% and 0.3%? oops :o

nope that's my bad you didn't, you said 6% and 3%.

still stands though that 6 in 10 would be 60% as 3 in 10 would be 30% so not the example to use.

Actually the more I read these numbers he more they actually make no sense at all. (probably just confusing myself)

0.6 divided by 10 does not give you an answer of 6.

Maybe if you could clarify what you mean with those numbers, or at least with the original statement.

Two-thirds of overclock scaling comes from the GPU, one-third comes from the VRam.

If you overclock the GPU by 10%, say from 1000Mhz to 1100Mhz, you get a 6% performance boost. if you overclock the VRam by 10%, say from 1250Mhz to 1375Mhz you get a 3% performance boost.

Overclock the GPU and Memory by 10% each you get about 9% extra performance.

That applies to Shader and Memory Bandwidth scaling.

Traditionally if you over clock your Card you get 0.6 from the GPU and 0.3 From the VRam.

So a 10% overclock on the core = 6% and 10% overclock on the VRam = 3%

So in theory if you add 40% more shaders you get about 25%, add 80% more memory bandwidth and get another 20%, totalling 45%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom