• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible Radeon 390X / 390 and 380X Spec / Benchmark (do not hotlink images!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the 980 cooler not actually that great? I heard that it doesn't use the vapour chamber found on the titans, 780 and ti cards.

Personally the power requirements of a single gk110/tahiti card is my limit. I tried hawaii but had to send it back due to heat noise and driver issues. Why does that sound familiar?

HD2900XT!!!??

I'm an AMD fan but my last three cards have been the GTX 570, 680 and now a 780. If these rumours are true AMD will be well and truly back in the game and I can finally move home.

But news AMD will have their cards on store shelves as soon as February, well that is cause for celebration. AMD have recently held their annual even in Japan, during which they were only too happy to announce their plans to the attending journalists.

Do you people just believe everything you read? The Japan event was talking about a Tonga product exclusive to the Japanese market.

And AMD have not "announced" Pirate Islands cards. Ugh... junk.

Last edited:
So its the 380/X series they are pitting against the 970/80 with the 390/X against the 980TI/Titan-II.

Bring on February. :)

TBH I guessed that might be the case, with it being chock full of shaders :D

I'm guessing AMD have seen what nVidia can do in regards to getting good money for a 'premium' card and they also want a piece of that pie ;)

Can't blame them really imo, esp as it looks to be a whopper of a chip and it'll be loaded with memory :cool:

That's the worst article I've ever seen.

Stop posting these junk links with no new info.

Do you people just believe everything you read? The Japan event was talking about a Tonga product exclusive to the Japanese market.

And AMD have not "announced" Pirate Islands cards. Ugh... junk.

Again, why are you just accepting their waffle without questioning it?

Not trying to be Anti AMD, but I do have to agree with Orangey.

Ask yourself this, this article is dated 1st November, now if AMD had of actually announced any of these things the article said, don't you think it would have been picked up on by now. With hundreds of people scouring the web for news and posting on forums just like this one, suddenly this site has this sort of ground breaking news that supposedly was announced by AMD themselves and TWO weeks latter we are only just hearing about it.

Even if it is what people want to hear, unfortunately it doesn't make it any more accurate.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom