Post your bikes thread

Soldato
Well, I still need to touch up a few bits where the decal flecked when I knocked the front, but here it is as I got home tonight. Dirty.

You can also see my latest aquisition behind it. :p

bike013fu8.jpg

Soldato
Bug One said:
Well, I still need to touch up a few bits where the decal flecked when I knocked the front, but here it is as I got home tonight. Dirty.

You can also see my latest aquisition behind it. :p

Looks nice, love that curvy shape and i dont mean just the girl ;) im being dumb is that the 600 or 750?

Soldato
Fireskull said:
Looks nice, love that curvy shape and i dont mean just the girl ;) im being dumb is that the 600 or 750?
600. Still plenty enough to still loose a license over. :( As far as I know they're identical externally apart from the figures on the back.

Its a very comfortable bike. Ideal for me as I'm commuting on it. Also having a bike with a big arse end is handy as I've got a bit of room to put things in the 'boot'. The newer sports bikes dont look like you could even fit a pair of shades in the back.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^
Hope they post pics lol depends on which model but some of them r damn sexy

Bug One said:
600. As far as I know they're identical externally apart from the figures on the back.

Its a very comfortable bike. Ideal for me as I'm commuting on it. Also having a big arse is handy as I've got a bit of room to put things in the 'boot' :p

600's plenty enough to still loose a license over. :(

Indeed my SV goes enough to loose a license rofl, and yea thought so because i liked the 750 and it looked just like it wondered if anyone had one lol want some comments on it :p

Last edited:
Associate
Bug One said:
600. Still plenty enough to still loose a license over. :( As far as I know they're identical externally apart from the figures on the back.

Visiual differences are the 750 has Upside down forks and six pot front brake calipers. Also I think the ram ir ducts were carbon effect looking instead of plain black. Other than that as you said, identical. I had a SRAD600, it was an ace bike.

To the question above Fireskulls bike is an SV650.

Some really nice bikes in this thread

I used to have a Busa just like yours Psallis. Same colour too :cool: I traded it in last November and got myself one of these beasts instead

SP_2_3.JPG

SP_2_1.JPG

SP_2_2.JPG

Over the winter months I have put various bits on like the system, braided hoses, removed bits like the PAIR valve junk and flapper thing in the air intake. It went to get setup on the dyno on Tuesday just gone but just my luck that the 2nd hand power commander went pop whilst they were tuning it, DOH!!! It had been working fine for the few rides I'd been on up until that point too.

Associate
i thought it was a sv650 just wasnt sure for a minute looks different somehow in that colour.

gixxer how do you find the sp2 in comparison to the busa. i came the other way i came from a rsv1000r with full akropovic system on. love the sound of a big twin with akropovics on.

Associate
Last bike I owned and rode

BSA%20Sloper%20S30-13%201930.jpg

(not actual bike but closest image I could find)

1929 bsa sloper, belonged to my grandfather before he passed away.
Weighed and absolute ton, comical brakes and three speed shift on the tank :D

Sounded lovely though through a fishtail pipe.

Currently building a bike engined car, but once that's on the road the next project will be a streetfighter (prolly older gixxer based)

Associate
I think the SP-2 is more of a riders bike. It's definately not as good for commuting on, especially around town as it has a tall first gear which means you need to slip the clutch a fair bit. Down gearing would help this but its only got 4900 miles on it so the original is no where near worn out yet.

The Busas engine was amazing, I have to say that. I had an Akro system on that with a PC and it was putting out 172hp @the wheel so went like stink. The Busa is very smooth compared to the SP-2 too. Though you will know this as you have come from a big V-twin.

As you say though the sound of a big v-twin with a system is awsome.

The SP-2 is a totally different ride. I found the Busa a nice bike but really it wasn't a bike that made me get up and feel like I wanted to ride it. I don't know why though. I just never clicked with it like the GSXR's I had had before it. The SP-2 is far from the GSXR 600K1 I had too suspension wise, though I'll get that sorted soon enough :D

Edit: by riders bike i mean its a bit more involved than the Busa.Like some cars are more drivers cars than others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom