1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Will Gill, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

Just some British super cars. :)

IMG_9503.jpg IMG_9502.jpg IMG_9507.jpg

2. theone8181

Mobster

Shocking parking:p.

3. peterattheboro

Capodecina

AMG GTR at a meet last weekend :)

[​IMG]

4. Diddums

Capodecina

Agreed, it's firmly planted in my dream car garage. It's the very essence of everything I love about engineers, just "**** it" and stick the most ridiculous engine in everything.

5. Hyburnate

Capodecina

I’d be up for that, awesome place even if the kitchen staff seem to struggle with demand.

6. sovietspybob

Wise Guy

My dads new toy which he brought over yesterday, he thinks it's probably one of the first 200 lightweights ever made

[​IMG]

7. Hyburnate

Capodecina

Buy an alarm/immobiliser. ASAP.

Lovely looking vehicle.

8. vanpeebles

Soldato

Armed guard and many hungry big dogs.

9. Hyburnate

Capodecina

or that.

It's such a lovely vehicle, it's a horrid world we live in.

10. cokecan

Sgarrista

Remember that it would have been measured in gross back then....basically an engine on the stand with no accessories etc. Modern day (net) it'll be more like 250bhp I'd guess.

Also love how much american muscle has been seen over the last couple of weeks!

11. Frozennova

Man of Honour

A lot of people forget this, the old mechanically coupled coolings fans can consume upwards of 50hp alone

12. theone8181

Mobster

So what would the equivalent be today if it was say 300 in the 60's? I know alot of american cars put out quite lower hp/tonne (excluding the ones on the grand tour). It seems to me they're NA engines are just weedier than the european versions (albeit not many of those around now). Although fair play to them for sticking with it and not just slashing displacement and sticking a turbo on.

13. Nasher

Capodecina

They aren't as efficient as European ones, but they tend to be bomb proof.

Euro engines are dainty and complicated with very tight tolerances. American ones are...well, American.

14. matt100

Capodecina

Yeah I mean that climate change... made up right?

Personally I'm happier that people are managing or trying to make cool looking fast cars that don't require antiquated technology.

the noise is a loss fair enough, but I think what you're mourning here is progress.

15. theone8181

Mobster

Apart from when turboed cars are used at the limit they probably produce the same amout of pollution as the older NA ones (obviously not when cruising). And lets face it, the amount of these big engined cars are sold in so few number compared to a mainstream car that pollution is a small factor.

16. matt100

Capodecina

Yeah I get it I'm being awkward for the sake of it although I highly doubt a massively turboed smaller engine ever gets within a country mile of using the same fuel as a big block US type car which is what we were talking about.

Also.. again whilst it's a fractionally small part of the overall market there's no no money in it as things have moved on so you're unlikely to get much in new development.. why would anyone bother?

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Turbo cars produce more emissions than a NA engine of the same size usually, or even bigger ones when driven quickly. But it's harder to fudge emissions test using a NA engine as they are more consistent.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  18. Joe T

Capodecina

Obviously not a valid comparison.

19. theone8181

Mobster

Might just be a slight power difference lol. I do like the look of some of the older muscle cars and Tbh I know I'm being stubborn as I've gone from an older turbo car to a more modern NA (911 to M3) and quite frankly I preferred the drive of the turbo car for daily use. Turbo cars are much easier to drive as there's normally more torque available.

20. Nasher

Capodecina

You need to rev NA engines more, but you get used to it. They are more responsive as well.