Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
Marv, to think that all those years ago you said "why spend all that money on hi-fi"

I bet you're glad you made the switch (your ears must thank you, but perhaps your wallet doesn't)

I don't remember saying that....... (innocent face!)

The clarity of this thing really is something else, not quite as pacey as the Densen but for most of my music it works a lot better.

Although i really need to re-think the placement. Being pure class A it gets pretty toasty and its not got much breathing room.

I wish it was :eek: It's an Apollo, great cd player for the money but mahoosivly out classed by the Isis. I've only been in the same room as an Isis and Osiris once and I know what you mean they are truly something to behold. Congrats on the sugden and even greater congratulations on having such an understanding wife :D

I just kept feeling i was going to break the cd lid by pushing it back too far!

Luckily between selling the Avondale and Densen its not cost me too much as it was second hand :)

Associate
...I just kept feeling i was going to break the cd lid by pushing it back too far!

I thought it was quite sturdy by Rega's standard. But that said they aren't the greatest of manufacturers when it comes to durability, probably why I've had to return most of the stuff I've owned on the same day I got it home :rolleyes:
Sounds good though :D

Caporegime
I thought it was quite sturdy by Rega's standard. But that said they aren't the greatest of manufacturers when it comes to durability, probably why I've had to return most of the stuff I've owned on the same day I got it home :rolleyes:
Sounds good though :D

Hey,

Really like the headphone stand, could you let me know what it is?

Associate
Hey,

Really like the headphone stand, could you let me know what it is?

It's a diy job, only cost me about £2 to make so I made 4 in all :D

(excuse obligatory **** poor camera phone snap)

All I used was a kitchen roll holder from the range, cut the top off and mounted some oak draw handles on the top. They're ideal for what I needed them for.

Soldato
Couple of pics of our set up. Not as good as some of the others on here it'll do us for now:

Closeup.jpg

SideSpeakers.jpg

FullRoom.jpg

Excuse the grubby fingerprints :p. And the red wall is still missing the mirror after we've recently redecorated.

Set up includes:

Samsung Series 5 40" Full HD (1080p) LCD TV
Sony PS3 120GB
Sky HD (only used for the free view service though.)
Samsung HT-E5530 3D Blu-ray 5.1 Home Entertainment System.

Associate
Screen, balluns and cabling to get yet. I did open it up, plug it in and fire it up just to make sure it wasn't DOA, and even projecting on a magnolia wall it was impressive. My 50" Panasonic suddenly started looking rather small!

Sweet we just made new screen will post it up too when done , good luck.

Soldato
70% there...need to finish the unit off, move the rears into place and find a home for my spare receiver and bookshelfs

TWP_8150.jpg

(unit will be symmetrical once the part comes in stock)

Denon AVR-4306
Mission m35i fronts
Mission m3c2 centre
Mission m3ds rears or m32i rears depending what i decide to use
Paradigm ps1000 sub

Marantz sr4300 and mission m72i sat in the corner lol

Caporegime
Getting there with mine...

fr2.jpg

fr1.jpg

Scuse the rubbish white balance :p The lamp in the corner throws it all squewiff and I cannot be bothered to fix it :p

Currently got the following equipment:

Pioneer VSX-921 Amp
Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3's for the fronts
Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 1's for the rears
A centre speaker given to me by rg-tom :p
The sub is a wharfdale, given to me by Raymond Lin (no idea of the specs on it, but it's pretty powerful!)

Done a lot of work recently as I've only been running 3.1 up until recently, glad to finally be on 5.1 again. The cables had to be run under the floor for the rears which was a pain in the rectum, I still need to put conduit on the wall to hide the cable, I'll get round to it. Overall the sound performance is brilliant, very pleased with it.

Also need to buy a floor :o

And yep, I am FULLY aware that the TV is pathetic :p - All in good time though.

Soldato
Nice looking set-ups guys :)

J, that sofa looks mega comfy! Also, when did you ditch the Yamaha? Still rocking my DSP-AX620. Pretty poor for music but excellent for movies.

Caporegime
Nice looking set-ups guys :)

J, that sofa looks mega comfy! Also, when did you ditch the Yamaha? Still rocking my DSP-AX620. Pretty poor for music but excellent for movies.

Still got it mate :D

It sits under my desk and runs the 2 bookshelfs I use for my iMac :)

And yep the sofa is über comfy (despite the hole in it) we were given it when we moved in...the amount of times I have fallen asleep on it is ridiculous!

Associate
very nice looking rooms Tom and Phate.. It reminds me to pull my finger out and do my floor.. I hate my ceramic tiles especially in the winter..

Back
Top Bottom