Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Man of Honour
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this. If you have a 4k tv and are viewing things at 1080p does the picture look terrible like it does on a computer monitor if you are not running at the native res or is it different with TV's? Just curious.

Soldato
I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask this. If you have a 4k tv and are viewing things at 1080p does the picture look terrible like it does on a computer monitor if you are not running at the native res or is it different with TV's? Just curious.

It's not as bad because 1080p*4 is exactly 4k, so pixels are just quadrupled.

Associate
Hey all. Had my setup a couple of years now and still blown away with it. As a family we are massively into films and home entertainment so i decided to model our living room into a mini Cinema. Great for movie days with the kids.

I have a BenQ W1070+ Short throw, Full HD 3D Projector Projecting onto a 120" Tab Tension Screen running through a Onkyo TX-SR607 7.1 Amp. Screen is remote control and comes down from the ceiling in front of my 55" 4K wall mounted TV.

The only issue i had was the Onkyo i have doesn't allow 3D pass through so i had to invest in a Dual HDMI Panasonic Blu-ray player, the audio is fed into the amp and the picture signal direct to the projector. Sounds and looks amazing, although my neighbours would possibly not agree.

Soldato
Just finishing re-decorating the main living room and updated the AV gear, Marantz NR1607 amp (had to find something that fitted the AV cabinet) and Q Acoustics 7000i speakers. Xbox One providing all content and looking to replace the ageing LG plasma soonish with something 4k and all the other bells and whistles.

Lounge02.jpg

I like It!
Are the speaker/TV cables channeled into the wall and then plastered over?
Im guessing there is a cut out at the bottom (behind your xbox) to access the sockets and cables?

Wouldnt mind doing something similiar

Associate
I like It!
Are the speaker/TV cables channeled into the wall and then plastered over?
Im guessing there is a cut out at the bottom (behind your xbox) to access the sockets and cables?

Wouldnt mind doing something similiar

Mine is pretty much the same regarding the TV/Cables.
Due to my house being a new build, I drilled a hole at the top, dropped a fishing weight on some line until it hit the bottom, then drilled a hole at the bottom to grab the weight.

nice and easy :D

Associate
Mine is pretty much the same regarding the TV/Cables.
Due to my house being a new build, I drilled a hole at the top, dropped a fishing weight on some line until it hit the bottom, then drilled a hole at the bottom to grab the weight.

nice and easy :D

very good idea , mine was a extension build so all went in before hand

Permabanned
Added a RGB 5m kit :) kinda looks over exposed but it looks natural to the eyes, not too bright.

Not really a fancy setup 55' 4K UHD Bravia TV, Xbox One S, Samsung Sound Bar.

1z48gvl.jpg

nbalon.jpg

PKNJxvs

Soldato
Recent house move so change of system.

Gone is the Denon amp, Monitor Audio GS speakers and the Monolith sub :(

I must admit to missing the amazing sound of my old system, but it was getting used les and less because of it being in the main living space.

The long term plan is have a dedicated home cinema room, with 4k projector etc. I wanted to keep the living room pretty clutter free of AV gear and no speakers everywhere.

I know the purest will shrug at the choice of a soundbar. I did listen to quite a few before settling on the ASB-2, and it sounds better then ones costs twice its price. Its just huge. Luckily the TV unit I have is over 6f so can house the beast. It doesn't do any fancy throwing of sound, but the ones I listened to that did that, didn't do it very well, at least this makes a really good solid front sound stage.

Pretty basic system now in place

• 65" LG B6 OLED TV
  • Sky Q
  • PS4 Pro
  • Shield TV running KODI for movies

Synology DS413j in the office with 12tb of storage for the movies.

wrLHKVe.jpg.png

M1GcEad.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh man all that space and you go for a soundbar!

Meanwhile, I've just moved in to a new place and trying to sandwich in my 3.0 system, currently looking like this:

disclaimer, temporary setup, please refrain from cable management abuse and the dust on top of the sky box
OUUweQw.jpg
There is a sill under the window on the right but it's not deep enough for my speakers. And to the left of the chimney breast will be too far left for the left speaker. So I'm pretty stuck at the moment. I'm going to have a custom unit built into the space in the corner there, but getting decent L+R positioning is going to be tricky. Wall mounting would be the best bet I think, but wife has vetoed.

Any inspiration would be welcome.

Soldato
Oh man all that space and you go for a soundbar!

Meanwhile, I've just moved in to a new place and trying to sandwich in my 3.0 system, currently looking like this:

disclaimer, temporary setup, please refrain from cable management abuse and the dust on top of the sky box
OUUweQw.jpg
There is a sill under the window on the right but it's not deep enough for my speakers. And to the left of the chimney breast will be too far left for the left speaker. So I'm pretty stuck at the moment. I'm going to have a custom unit built into the space in the corner there, but getting decent L+R positioning is going to be tricky. Wall mounting would be the best bet I think, but wife has vetoed.

Any inspiration would be welcome.
Can you get a pic with more of that space in?

Soldato
Can you get a pic with more of that space in?

Wider angle shot
KExeyLA.jpg

Sketchup of Custom unit. Placement of left and right speakers tbc.
UBTFrq1.jpg

Sketchup plan
g8LcOWi.png

House floor plan
m4bsAvd.png

Would love to try and get some surrounds in too, the right rear should be OK as we have a bookshelf in that corner and a cable along the skirting board should be fine, but getting the rear left cable neatly around the hearth. Pour in your wisdom please

Man of Honour
I've actually been thinking about ditching my amps, Monitor Gold AV package and sub etc and replacing it all with a Playbase, Sub and two Play 1's initially, upgrading them to 5's. It means I can gain a large percentage of space back in my living room and have it as a living room/dining room which in turn gives me a lot more room in the kitchen.

I can't remember the last time I sat and listened to hifi music properly and movie watching is few and far between.

Soldato
Done my little cinema room.... 55inch HRD 4k tv. Very happy with it!

The little black things hanging down are the wall bracket pull wires, hidden them since!

got a 200ltr new fish tank coming soon also

b4xn2e.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom