Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Soldato
To be fair, I don't think I tried Netflix. I seem to recall Prime Video playing in an odd zoomed in aspect ratio and not being anywhere near as stable as it is on the Fire TV. That said, I also had a lot of issues with Plex and I did a factory reset on the Shield and since then Plex has been absolutely fine, even with 30GB+ BD rips. I'll give Prime Video and Netflix another go.

Definitely give them another go. I've never had any issues like that. My experience with the Shield is absolutely 100% spot on, certainly with the four things I use it for: Plex, Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video :)

Associate
So since around Xmas time I bought a new set of speakers but had to wait until mid Jan before I could use them due to the tweeters being damaged and replaced. But I have put off looking/auditioning suitable amp/integrated for them. But yesterday I took delivery of the Marantz Pm10 amp and hopefully either next week or the week after a Luxman M800 for some auditioning. I also took the time to replace my temporary speaker cable and interconnects with something I am more familar for amp audtioning. Will post pics soon.

Soldato
My up-the-garden man cave setup. Consists of either Proac Tablette Reference 8 and a Rel Storm or a pair of TDL Studio 1 (not the crappish RTLs), fed from PC via a Meridian Director to an Avi S2000MI integrated. The old Kef 30B sub at front-centre is probably going to be flogged on - had it for yonks, most of which was spent in the loft.

It's a bit untidy at the mo:

afeqQMy.jpg

e7hiNOX.jpg

Soldato
It's not bad when the lights are out tbh. It's very dark in there with blackout blinds. Still, it needs tidying.

I'm considering DIYing some speakers - got my eye on some on eBay with awful cabinets but decent drivers. The wife will probably castrate me though!

Soldato
@dessimpson

Also also have a little Frenchie ornament :) (Although this is an old pic now)

14r6QHI.jpg

im]

Man of Honour
for the many of you who have hidden cables, is there a guide somewhere on how to do it?
or is it literally cutting and replacing whole sheets of plasterboard?
youtube just seems fall of American ones which just cut a hole in the bottom and at the top, which is fine if you have a cabinet, but if no cabinet you still see a big clump of cables enter at the bottom of the wall.

Soldato
xNAQMZx.jpg
pYdo14t.jpg
LrSvP6I.jpg

Panasonic 58dx802b
Yamaha rx-v1073
Mission 780se
Mission centre
Monitor audio bxfx
REL strata 3 sub
Technics su-vz220 on L/R duties
Optoma HD projector