Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Pleased with it so far, intergration with the KEF app is seemless.

Can enable/disable high and low pass filters from speakers and sub via the app. Sub has a position switch also, still tinkering at the mo.

Screenshot-20210618-171338.png
Screenshot-20210618-171419.png

Soldato
Posted this in Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Tidied cables up and double checked settings of cart/tonearm.

PXL-20210617-195143607.jpg

PXL-20210617-201235089.jpg

The cable KEF supply (RJ45) to connect speakers together is comically short. Used a spare 5m I had spare and tucked them down the inside of the stands.

Had plenty of turntables over the years and modified a few of them, but this Rega is on another level and it's my first Rega too. Been told the Apheta 3 needs 50-100 hours to break in before it opens up, sounds great at the mo to be fair!

Looks great, good choices.

Do you feel the TV is a a little too high up on the wall?

My setup looks low in comparison

uc

Associate
Looks great, good choices.

Do you feel the TV is a a little too high up on the wall?

My setup looks low in comparison

uc

Thanks!

That was a question of great debate during lockdown last year when we got that tv with her indoors.

It's a Samsung 65" 'The Frame' Qled screen. We sit just over 4m away from it and being it emulates a picture frame (when on standby) we didn't want it sitting too low on the wall, nor did we want our necks straining looking up. Especially after our previous tv (pictured below) was mounted high, not ideal and definitely not wanting that neck strain inducing height again.

IMG-0028.jpg

Are they Klipsch The Fives in your setup? How are they? I shortlisted those too.

Very clean looking layout you have there, I like it :)

Soldato
Thanks!

That was a question of great debate during lockdown last year when we got that tv with her indoors.

It's a Samsung 65" 'The Frame' Qled screen. We sit just over 4m away from it and being it emulates a picture frame (when on standby) we didn't want it sitting too low on the wall, nor did we want our necks straining looking up. Especially after our previous tv (pictured below) was mounted high, not ideal and definitely not wanting that neck strain inducing height again.

IMG-0028.jpg

Are they Klipsch The Fives in your setup? How are they? I shortlisted those too.

Very clean looking layout you have there, I like it :)

Yes that's a vast improvement in aesthetics to what you had prior. I can see why the Mrs pushed for change ha. I see, the height now makes sense given its doubling as a picture frame.

Thanks. Yes indeed the speakers are The Klipsch 5's. I've been nothing but impressed with them over the last 6 months. The breadth of sound they give really defy their compact size. They're great for both movies and music which is why I went with them over a soundbar. They rely on a built in DSP and it's kind of like magic the level of bass they offer.

uc

Associate
My setup.

Roofspace for All the kit included:
Ps5 & shield + nuc core roon audio server + Nas with 32gb, aorus I Pro wifi, Ryzen 3800 (due upgrade), rtx 3090 Fe

Arcam av40
1x p49 power amp
1 X Nord nc500 DM power amp
1 X fa501 fusionamp (homemade box)
2 X fa122 fusionamp (homemade box)
AC infinity dual fan with thermostat controller thing
In-wall speaker cables and rui-pro fibre-hdmi to
LG 55c19 oled
2 X b&w 803 d3
1 X b&w Cwm 8.3 (centre)
2 X b&w Cwm 8.5 (rears)
2 X b&w ccm cinema 7 (Atmos/heights)
1 X svs sb4000 sub

room.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My main TV downstairs is on a TV unit. My wife would like the TV on the chimney breast but I'm not so sure. Soundbar could sit on the mantle piece I guess.

Bedroom TV is on the wall, and quite high but then it's angled down so when you're laying in bed watching it the angle is just right :)

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Here's mine right now, don't think I've posted it in here before.

Kit list includes Anthem AVM60, Epson TW9400, Nakamichi AVP1 amp,2x Crown XLS1002 amps, XTZ Cinema M6 front LCR, S5 surround and backs, S2 front height and middle ceiling speakers, 2 x 12.17 subs fed via a MiniDSP 2x4HD. Think thats the lot in here. Sounds great :D

jVdAYKth.jpg

QEkj1dOh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty sure I copied you from a post on here or avforums when we built our house, n thought I'm gonna stick all my gear up there too. Works well, all cat6/speaker cables for all rooms etc all end up there so nice n tidy, but **** me it's hot up there craning my neck trying to get things reconnected!

Associate
Pretty sure I copied you from a post on here or avforums when we built our house, n thought I'm gonna stick all my gear up there too. Works well, all cat6/speaker cables for all rooms etc all end up there so nice n tidy, but **** me it's hot up there craning my neck trying to get things reconnected!
Yep - I got a vent put in, and then with some pvc tube to a fan mount - dual 120mm acinfinity fans controlled by the matching fan controller/thermostat thing. Good thing too as it hits 30 Deg C at times.

Associate
Can I ask where you got the seating from?

Here's mine right now, don't think I've posted it in here before.

Kit list includes Anthem AVM60, Epson TW9400, Nakamichi AVP1 amp,2x Crown XLS1002 amps, XTZ Cinema M6 front LCR, S5 surround and backs, S2 front height and middle ceiling speakers, 2 x 12.17 subs fed via a MiniDSP 2x4HD. Think thats the lot in here. Sounds great :D

jVdAYKth.jpg

QEkj1dOh.jpg

Soldato
Following on from this...

Covid ruined real chances to go out and listen to replacement speakers, but the few shops I did visit actually really let me down in terms of customer service and just letting me listen to some systems. One put me on the shop floor then told me to not turn it up too much.. ok m9.

So eBay to the rescue - I decided to find look for Dali's of similar vintage to mine in attempt to get a matching centre speaker as a minimum. Well I haven't quite succeeded but I found a set of Dali Ikon MK1 speakers (centre + LR) from a guy doing an upgrade.

The centre is a little bit smaller than I had realised, and is a slightly different grey finish on the front. But thwe wood finishes match, so it still looks decent and sounds really good too.

The bookshelf speakers will find their way into my office and be powered by a Sonos amp but I gave them a chance via the Marantz in the living room for two films and I was pleasantly surprised at the bass response and general sound quality. So much so that it had me rethinking floor standers in my living room... until I wanted more volume and the audio became a little bit more complex, then I remembered I'm very much a floor stander kinda guy ;) :D

Anyway today I spent this afternoon routing some cabling (including running a couple of cable pullers so I can run a new HDMI to my projector to support 4K HDR at some point), mounting the TV on the wall and having a general tidy of my kit into a corner unit I got for free from a neighbour.

Aside from the centre looking a bit small, I'm really happy with how it looks now. Rears and Atmos next on the list, and if a larger centre comes up that matches - even better !

Thanks for looking :)

This looks amazing, I am seriously considering copying this setup.

Can I ask why you didn't hide the screen inside the frame you build above the TV ?

Soldato
Some really nice set ups in this thread!

My few weeks of lockdown gave me a chance to bodge some shelves up and relocate everything to one place..

bAEo2nl.jpg

Unfortunately or not, the space between the speakers now contains a desk and a PC.

Back
Top Bottom