Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Associate
Oh they couldn't book a survey date yet because I still owed the rest of the 15% deposit, waiting to get the bill via Email.

Coming soon in August:

LxWxLXj.png

The left of the Window is only 74cm wide, so any TV needs to go diagonally and its not wide enough for a second double cabinet / put TV in front of Window (eww). Not sure how to diagonally mount one, does anyone know?

Hmmm, going to have to consider whether to get doors on the cabinet, or just open shelves, no doors would cost less.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh something like this in the corner, I wonder if the furniture company can make a diagonal thing like this:

87a9eb74842fb384303e7e0c98d8b145.jpg

And you have all the cables hidden down the back.

All their media centre pics show normal horizontally mounted stuff so I don't know if they can make a bespoke diagonal one.

Soldato
Wow, this Denon DL110 MC cartridge is another level from the Shure. I can see why it's recommended as a good pairing with the TP16 arm, big upgrade.

Listening to Apparat's The Devil's Walk. Lovely. Now I just need my damn rack so I can get it all setup and isolated properly.

Associate
Nice, I will be looking carts and arms in future. Still waiting for the belt and oil, although I've tested the bearing and it's silky smooth and silent still.

Plinth arrived, it's really nicely made and finished, better than I was expecting tbh. From a guy in Spain on Etsy called woodosound.

Mine has started the dreaded "knock"

Associate
I need to figure out how I'm ever going to afford a sofa and TV on top of my cabinets and new carpets though.

Well I could in another year, dont think I will get it all done by the end of this year anymore.

Soldato
Just upgraded my TV to a Samsung Q80T 55 inch. Replaced a 10 Yr old Samsung 7 series 3D 46 inch.

Next up is replacing my Pioneer VSX930 amp and speaker setup. Looking to invest in a Q70T soundbar and then wall mount the TV and bar. Just moved house so will be a few months off yet.

Soldato
I built my own home cinema room about 5 years ago, fully sound proofed, black out blinds, and with full Atmos :D

AV Receiver, Nvidia Shield and Blu-ray player are next door.

Equipment:

Denon X7200WA. Paradigm Reference Millenia 20 LCR , Paradigm Millenia LP Rear, JBL Control One Pro ceiling speakers, PSB Subsonic 6i Sub. 120" Othelloline - "Copernico" Multi Format screen, Epson EH-TW9300 projector, Panasonic DMP-UB300, Harmony Ultimate remote, Nvidia Shield TV.

Full build thread and show case thread

Man of Honour
That's my Monitor Audio Gold rears, sub and centre sold along with my AV amp. Bit gutted but they would be ridiculously overkill in the new living room. I've gone the Sonos route and the Arc is hugely impressive for a sound bar. Just have to wait for the sub to be delivered now to complete the 5.1 as I already had a pair of unused Play 1's.

Soldato
That's my Monitor Audio Gold rears, sub and centre sold along with my AV amp. Bit gutted but they would be ridiculously overkill in the new living room. I've gone the Sonos route and the Arc is hugely impressive for a sound bar. Just have to wait for the sub to be delivered now to complete the 5.1 as I already had a pair of unused Play 1's.

:(

Associate
My personal rig space has pulled double duty for working from home since the start of the pandemic last year. Work asked for a photo of me working from home for a newsletter so it will have to do for showing you lot my setup since its not normally this tidy :cry:

While not the kind of home cinema setup that most of you have posted this one still kicks hard when I'm in the mood.
Fronts are B&W DM601 S3's that I've had since new - 20 years and pretty much in as new condition.
Center is a B&W HTM62 that I picked up off free ads 10 years ago.
Rear channels are the satellites from my old Logitech Z5500 set which also provides the sub.
All connected to my bargain of the century - a Pioneer SC-LX72 receiver which at £100 4 years ago now feels like I robbed the guy!

I've got a home demo lined up for some ATC SCM11's and an REL T5x subwoofer next month, can't wait! Having never listened to a proper hifi/home theater sub in isolation I am really curious to hear how it stacks up against the logitech. The Z5500 still carries a reputation for going loud, which it does, but I've always had the feeling that its a bit of a one trick pony and that I'm missing out on precision and impact. I guess I will be able to answer that once and for all in a few weeks.

kKNFjTtjLlcN84_hQZ6nEPC-pOzvpOY9xphnz68ore7qQWrp1t5tD0EZwHonfEXh6KyMQzqSNxoXv1Uiv7bZWMKq5wuUbcaiVMUxVOFGz4sQeIv3jZ0CFDZvKYznD5oszQZP2cB6sOTc8qo0T0SL3DWjimCOR7fxuynfXQfhY8d-F5W7fe_sajWa_rP0-8DyFh490m9MTxr2CFO6eqRSePGkUgEz3xQVMxWtWSyok64uRGCdu-hRDqE37UqyAZdBaOKMG66SVj01PVpP4yqBmC_pS_fdjfj6Tp_RLOah8qCWnWAw0YtUAAiB7FTY9oiDXx_0nc3_kPsdcSZ3LIr9UaBUxBZWrYiNWgcOnm9oj1SBnvJ3RX791dGm2-w2Hqh62bpUcfVJqOpK7TfWaQhOJXWzYMM1439HAPlyblX3O_i4s-OPkkksanYkVG496TEHebnG7A0LpPX5uNPBTq25HvnCX2LdQvQ_vJ8nTxQt8HhAp6zBjrlOz7CAGp4s7fBYD_O5WmHRgY-JZ3tBDxW4SherUK72ho8UeU7snNEtxEFFhUpLXsUuLclbPWl3T8b9VWUgV9RP1Wt8AM_XWoX48wQDjXjfmarhRok0miiWwGodwYUkuUIx2bM1ZMh34kavPB0Z7B8bCorJHU0Sl4QwzaYMD7Il5LqATabtigpQky5PI14DIuGsO0dWS00w9V2u3rUwLyiAnkd8DPuRcg=w1278-h959-no

Associate
Posted this in Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Tidied cables up and double checked settings of cart/tonearm.

PXL-20210617-195143607.jpg

PXL-20210617-201235089.jpg

The cable KEF supply (RJ45) to connect speakers together is comically short. Used a spare 5m I had spare and tucked them down the inside of the stands.

Had plenty of turntables over the years and modified a few of them, but this Rega is on another level and it's my first Rega too. Been told the Apheta 3 needs 50-100 hours to break in before it opens up, sounds great at the mo to be fair!

Back
Top Bottom