Post your mobile phone desktop!

About the only thing good with gestures is it makes one handed operation easier because you can swipe back from either side of the screen. Problem is you can accidentally trigger this when wanting to do something else in an app.

Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Google weren't stupid and put the back button on the right side like you can do on Samsung.

We'll agree to disagree. 'Touch' buttons are not nice to interact with compared to alternatives IMO.

You prefer gesture over touch?I think we are mostly in agreement, touch buttons suck in most situations, but they are far better than their evolution which is touch gestures.

It's nothing like that. What a silly comparison.
It's a personal preference. No need for a naff justification.

No need to take it so seriously. Just an opinion shared by many.

Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if Google weren't stupid and put the back button on the right side like you can do on Samsung

Yuck

I use the 'old' version of gestures - that is to swipe up from the right for back, up from middle for home and up from left for recent apps. This, for me, is much better than on screen buttons and infinitely better than whatever the new Google gestures are. No idea what the Apple gestures are but I expect they're dreadful as well :p

In reality my use is about 90% back, 9% home, 1% recent apps so suits me fine as a one handed user.

Back
Top Bottom