Potential fun for OcUK beer drinkers...

Associate
No wait I'm completely confused now - if we're only using the ONE country that gets the most votes then why do we have to vote for THREE? Or do we use the 3 countries that got the most votes, one from each letter, but only have to submit one beer?

Caporegime
OP
No wait I'm completely confused now - if we're only using the ONE country that gets the most votes then why do we have to vote for THREE? Or do we use the 3 countries that got the most votes, one from each letter, but only have to submit one beer?

..... deep breath ;)

We will be each week sending in one picture of one beer ie. first week will be country A (looks like America). The following week country B (looks like Belgium), also this week we will vote on the next three countries D - F. Third week country C.

The reason we are selecting 3 countries at a time is to allow people to order online, if they wish to do so. This in theory should give them a better chance allowing for deliveries etc.

... happy enough mate? All joking aside anyone confused about ANY aspects of rules / guidelines etc etc please ask.

:)

Caporegime
OP
Hey, sorry for the slow replies.

My votes are as follows:

America
Belgium
China (Never had Chinese beer before, should be interesting.)

CANNONBALL.

Thanks I'll get your votes added (as for China you might not get the chance remember we ALL have to use the countries with the highest number of votes for each letter)

OH and CANNONBALL please email the competition email address just to confirm who you are mate.

Last edited:
Associate
Ooh, ooh, miss, me miss, ask me, ask me (waves hand in air frantically). I have a question.
Does the picture have to be taken on the Saturday? If MrsSeakitchen (as an example I know works shifts) is on a late shift, she wouldn't be able to take a picture and drink the beer in time for 20:00.
So, can the picture be taken during the week? Newspaper or forums in background for date. Hovis for extra malty goodness (we are doing this whole challenge with liquid bread after all), and OcUK authenticity?

Thanks I'll get your votes added (as for China you might not get the chance remember we ALL have to use the countries with the highest number of votes for each letter)
Doesn't stop you from finding and drinking a Chinese beer anyway in addition Ash.

Please all rembererer this is fun and blah resosponsiblah http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/ units disclaimersuchlike

Caporegime
OP
Ooh, ooh, miss, me miss, ask me, ask me (waves hand in air frantically). I have a question.
Does the picture have to be taken on the Saturday? If MrsSeakitchen (as an example I know works shifts) is on a late shift, she wouldn't be able to take a picture and drink the beer in time for 20:00.
So, can the picture be taken during the week? Newspaper or forums in background for date. Hovis for extra malty goodness (we are doing this whole challenge with liquid bread after all), and OcUK authenticity?

Doesn't stop you from finding and drinking a Chinese beer anyway.

Each week we email the picture of our beer of choice for whichever country into the competition email address. Remember as the rules state ONLY 1 pic of ONE beer per week, the email has to be in the competition Inbox by 8pm each saturday (once the competition starts). You may by all means send your entry via email for the week anytime AFTER the Saturday ie. Sunday - Saturday this is to allow for shiftworkers (like myself). this make sense to everyone?

Caporegime
OP
The rules are pretty straight forward, have you guys been drinking already!? :o

My email was in the junk? :o

If you're drinking to win, then I can tell you that you're going to be disappointed. ;)

...I hope they are matey, one can only but try :) Oh and yes it was in Junk lol honestly, don't worry you are safley tucked in your own wee folder now.

SERIOUS POINT: Please people that have emailed the competition address ... continue to use your same email throughout the competition for any entries. Thanks.

Associate
If you're drinking to win, then I can tell you that you're going to be disappointed. ;)

"Ford stared at Arthur, and Arthur was astonished to find that his
will was beginning to weaken. He didn't realize that this was
because of an old drinking game that Ford learned to play in the
hyperspace ports that served the madranite mining belts in the
star system of Orion Beta.

The game was not unlike the Earth game called Indian Wrestling,
and was played like this:

Two contestants would sit either side of a table, with a glass in
front of each of them.

Between them would be placed a bottle of Janx Spirit (as
immortalized in that ancient Orion mining song "Oh don't give me
none more of that Old Janx Spirit/ No, don't you give me none
more of that Old Janx Spirit/ For my head will fly, my tongue
will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/ Won't you pour me one
more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit").

Each of the two contestants would then concentrate their will on
the bottle and attempt to tip it and pour spirit into the glass
of his opponent - who would then have to drink it.

The bottle would then be refilled. The game would be played
again. And again.

Once you started to lose you would probably keep losing, because
one of the effects of Janx spirit is to depress telepsychic
power.

As soon as a predetermined quantity had been consumed, the final
loser would have to perform a forfeit, which was usually
obscenely biological.

Ford Prefect usually played to lose."

RIP Douglas Noel Adams - still sadly missed

Associate
I just feel sorry for MrsSeakitchen who's marrying me in a little over a month.
Poor, poor dear girl.

She put's up with me making our own beer. We make brew in a bag all grain together. Shes even made several beer kits herself. And a wine kit (don't ask about the wine kit)
I'm not sure which of us is the worse influence over the other.

Associate
You just had to ask didn't you.....

It was lovely*

*Dreadful. The instructions were ambiguous to put it kindly. Coupled with MrsSeakitchen having limited vision to see the instructions, it ended up having lots of water and sugar added, so ending up with about twice the quantity of "wine", but with it's grape/fruit/flavour spread across all of those. So it was kind of bland, but with a hint of pure evil that we're not sure which sachet of the kit included that one.

Mmmm. Yes, another bottle of that would go down the sink very nicely.

Caporegime
OP
Right ok, took me a few attempts but I definitely get how it works now! :p If we're doing C in 3 weeks time then DEFINITELY change my vote to Cyprus!

Not if the beer's good! :cool:

OK I'll stick your vote down for C as Cyprus albeit the way the voting is, it looks the Czech Republic will be the winner.

Soldato
You just had to ask didn't you.....

It was lovely*

*Dreadful. The instructions were ambiguous to put it kindly. Coupled with MrsSeakitchen having limited vision to see the instructions, it ended up having lots of water and sugar added, so ending up with about twice the quantity of "wine", but with it's grape/fruit/flavour spread across all of those. So it was kind of bland, but with a hint of pure evil that we're not sure which sachet of the kit included that one.

Mmmm. Yes, another bottle of that would go down the sink very nicely.

Thats ok its up there with my lovely amazing brilliant father in law to be`s nettle wine. :D:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom