Potential fun for OcUK beer drinkers...

Caporegime
OP
This sounds good, maybe a range of different prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and of course last place.

I think Ahleckz meant chipping in to cover costs (postage/items etc), £1 each and there would be enough to cover it :)

Well I was thinking for those that want to, they post directly to the winner.

Ooh and bump..
Marvt74
satchef1

Could the above please send an email stating who they are into the competition email address please, ASAP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh no, I was thinking of a monetary prize - but if people don't want to do that then that's fine. I don't think that a prize is that important, but it might be a nice touch. Just depends on what the majority want to do.

I'm more than happy to post another bottle of my Czech 3 pointer to the winner. The amount I'm going on about this, I'm totally not going to get 3 points eh?

Just back from the pub, doing research. :D

Soldato
Need to start beer shopping, going to be hard up against some of you lot. will be good fun though :D

what to buy, what to buy eh.

just to clarify, are we doing the three beers a week or A one week, B the next C the following. i take it a beer a week but i thought id double check, missed a few pages of discussion.

Last edited:
Soldato
One beer a week.

According to the other thread, first pictures should be in by this Saturday. That's if I've interpreted the crazy Irish drunk (I love him for this) correctly.

Then next Saturday we shall email him picture B.
I'm not entirely sure when we're going to vote for the next countries, but I think it should be done then. Gives a fortnight to get the beers in which is plenty of time.

The reason we are voting for 3 countries but only drinking one a week is to allow those who want to buy online to do so (and for those who are going on holiday to make provisions - you can send your pictures early if you tell DJ first).

So yea, if this works it's going to last half a year. Then maybe we could extend it somehow! Maybe Beer Drinking Fun Two could be A - Z by brewery!

Last edited:
Soldato
seems like the most logical way to conduct it. i see no reason to postpone the start, there has been 1 week (10 days actually) for every one to confirm involvement and send the relevant email. if they are not available within ten days it weill be pretty hard for them to take part.

Soldato
Quite.

My picture shall be sent on Wednesday (camera is at my house, camera battery charger is at the other side of the city - d'oh). I'll include a bit of paper with 'OcUK' in the background.

Caporegime
OP
Ooh listen to you pair, think you never had a drink before :p

I'm hoping to pick my American beer up today, had picked out two in my head but reckon I'll only be able to source one of them local.... and so it begins :D

Soldato
Where'd you get the beer from Pie? :o I'm actually having supply issues with A. :( Need to rethink something.

I've actually drank a couple of American beers recently which I reckon would have been at least 2 points (one probably a 3) but I don't own a working camera atm!

Back
Top Bottom