Potential fun for OcUK beer drinkers...

Soldato
We can't have pints? :o Surely if the picture is taken with the tap and name and beer glass in clear view then it's OK? That being said, I don't imagine there'll be many pints if you're playing to win.

Also, if people would like to make a comment on their beer would you include that in the pictures DJ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking about that today Kanifee, I think people will concentrate on trying to get really obscure and rare stuff which could end up with a couple of people with the same brew. Whereas a common as muck beer may win because everyone thinks everyone will go for it and avoid.

Like I've said though, I'll put money on me having 3 points for Czech Republic. :D

We sorted out prizes yet? I'm not fussed if there isn't one but I have little issue putting a couple of quid into a Paypal account.

Soldato
I was thinking about that today Kanifee, I think people will concentrate on trying to get really obscure and rare stuff which could end up with a couple of people with the same brew. Whereas a common as muck beer may win because everyone thinks everyone will go for it and avoid.

Like I've said though, I'll put money on me having 3 points for Czech Republic. :D

We sorted out prizes yet? I'm not fussed if there isn't one but I have little issue putting a couple of quid into a Paypal account.

id also chuck in a couple of quid for a prize, i know im probably not going to put up a massive fight for first but hey it means that if it is successful it will continue and grow. prize to be plonk related!

on another note youl be glad to here the home brew has mellowed a lot, i think it is just a massively hopped beer and the bitterness is part and parcel. it isnt as viscous now and is rather pleasant. id be more than happy to go back to what we was discussing last time ahleckz and provide a review sample.
IMG_20120729_220747.jpg

yes i know the desk is a mess, the missus is on my case about it i dont need you too :D

Last edited:
Soldato
On topic - I reckon it's going to be common for some people to miss out some beers (either they forget, or the countries are just far too hard to do) wonder what effect that will have!

DJ - another tip. Votes for countries should be held in secret, or am I just being paranoid?

Off topic - My desk is an eternal mess, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Fire me a message in trust, and I'm happy to paypal you some monies for postage and whatnot and you can send me a bottle. :D

Caporegime
OP
I'd suggest a maxumim value of the prize of about £5 so that it stays in the realms of fun.

Even less maybe, beers mats, glass, bottle opener or something just beer branded ie. in my case the Guinness playing cards :) It is all about fun, well that and the chance to maybe sample some beer you never have before :)

Soldato
Even less maybe, beers mats, glass, bottle opener or something just beer branded ie. in my case the Guinness playing cards :) It is all about fun, well that and the chance to maybe sample some beer you never have before :)

This sounds good, maybe a range of different prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and of course last place.

I think Ahleckz meant chipping in to cover costs (postage/items etc), £1 each and there would be enough to cover it :)

Back
Top Bottom