Potential fun for OcUK beer drinkers...

Associate
Can it be in a pub, so long as we have forums in the background on a smartphone? Just that these are some pubs near us that have bottled beers you can't find in shops nearby.
/edit and a loaf of Hovis if required /end edit

Caporegime
OP
Can it be in a pub, so long as we have forums in the background on a smartphone? Just that these are some pubs near us that have bottled beers you can't find in shops nearby.

I don't see why not, even if has OcUK on a piece of paper just to prove it's not something grabbed on the internet. In the end of the day this is about fun though I'm sure some will be out to win :D Once we get the first three countries decided we can iron out any issues with rules.

:)

Caporegime
OP
That's everybody up to date on voting so far. Everything is on first page, an X beside your name confirms you have voted. Please feel free to shout out if I've made or make a mistake.

Associate

i was thinking this, but then thought how am i going to hold my phone up with OCUK on it and take a photo at the same time? :p ill have bring my camera

Caporegime
OP
i was thinking this, but then thought how am i going to hold my phone up with OCUK on it and take a photo at the same time? :p ill have bring my camera

I don't see why not, even if has OcUK on a piece of paper just to prove it's not something grabbed on the internet. In the end of the day this is about fun though I'm sure some will be out to win :D Once we get the first three countries decided we can iron out any issues with rules.

Does that make more sense mate?

Soldato
Czech beer is sooooooooooooo boring. :(

Oh, actually Czech sounds awesome. I'll easily get 3 points for that one. :D

And I'm confident that I'll get at least 2 points for Belgium. America... Mmm, that could be a bit trickier...

Associate
Czech beer is sooooooooooooo boring. :(

Oh, actually Czech sounds awesome. I'll easily get 3 points for that one. :D

And I'm confident that I'll get at least 2 points for Belgium. America... Mmm, that could be a bit trickier...

I'm pretty hopeful for the American (if thats what's chosen), but best of luck everyone.

Another question, due to peoples work patterns/real life etc, while I know you want the picture taken at a certain time, is there any way picture can just be take on on that day?
I know I'll be at work this coming Saturday which means if the pictures is mid-day for example, I'd be ruled out. Or if someone is working a late-shift or night shift, they wouldn't (shouldn't) be able to have a beer before going to work.

Caporegime
OP
I'm pretty hopeful for the American (if thats what's chosen), but best of luck everyone.

Another question, due to peoples work patterns/real life etc, while I know you want the picture taken at a certain time, is there any way picture can just be take on on that day?
I know I'll be at work this coming Saturday which means if the pictures is mid-day for example, I'd be ruled out. Or if someone is working a late-shift or night shift, they wouldn't (shouldn't) be able to have a beer before going to work.

Sorry I should have removed the 'Posting' a pic on forum part. A picture will still need to be taken with either OcUK forum in background or say a piece of paper beside it, this as mentioned is just to stop anyone (purely for the fun factor ) from grabbing a picture off the internet. This picture will be E-mailed now rather than posted on forum, bit like a secret ballot :) This will allow for people who (like myself) work shifts. If we agree a time that the email has to be in by, then AFTER this time by all means feel free to post said pic on forum just for the banter and to prove to others. BUT any that are not in on time will not be counted towards their points total. This sound ok? Only outta bed and winging it...

EDIT: Still only doing ONE beer per week so no sending 3 pics of the countries in one email!

Last edited:
Soldato
If we all email the pictures to you Jester, you should them put them all into one post so that they are altogether. We should be able to send you photos from Friday - Sunday.

Caporegime
OP
If we all email the pictures to you Jester, you should them put them all into one post so that they are altogether. We should be able to send you photos from Friday - Sunday.

I've updated RULE 5 on the first page matey, see what you think? I am thinking I'll sit this competition out as somebody is going to check emails and total scores etc. Hardly seems right if I do this and play.

Soldato
I don't think anyone would have any problems with you playing, I doubt that you're going to fix it in your favour. Plus, if all pictures are to be posted then there wouldn't be any scope to fix it.

Those rules look totally fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom