Potential fun for OcUK beer drinkers...

Caporegime
OP
No wait I'm completely confused now - if we're only using the ONE country that gets the most votes then why do we have to vote for THREE? Or do we use the 3 countries that got the most votes, one from each letter, but only have to submit one beer?

..... deep breath ;)

We will be each week sending in one picture of one beer ie. first week will be country A (looks like America). The following week country B (looks like Belgium), also this week we will vote on the next three countries D - F. Third week country C.

The reason we are selecting 3 countries at a time is to allow people to order online, if they wish to do so. This in theory should give them a better chance allowing for deliveries etc.

... happy enough mate? All joking aside anyone confused about ANY aspects of rules / guidelines etc etc please ask.

:)

Caporegime
OP
Hey, sorry for the slow replies.

My votes are as follows:

America
Belgium
China (Never had Chinese beer before, should be interesting.)

CANNONBALL.

Thanks I'll get your votes added (as for China you might not get the chance remember we ALL have to use the countries with the highest number of votes for each letter)

OH and CANNONBALL please email the competition email address just to confirm who you are mate.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Ooh, ooh, miss, me miss, ask me, ask me (waves hand in air frantically). I have a question.
Does the picture have to be taken on the Saturday? If MrsSeakitchen (as an example I know works shifts) is on a late shift, she wouldn't be able to take a picture and drink the beer in time for 20:00.
So, can the picture be taken during the week? Newspaper or forums in background for date. Hovis for extra malty goodness (we are doing this whole challenge with liquid bread after all), and OcUK authenticity?

Doesn't stop you from finding and drinking a Chinese beer anyway.

Each week we email the picture of our beer of choice for whichever country into the competition email address. Remember as the rules state ONLY 1 pic of ONE beer per week, the email has to be in the competition Inbox by 8pm each saturday (once the competition starts). You may by all means send your entry via email for the week anytime AFTER the Saturday ie. Sunday - Saturday this is to allow for shiftworkers (like myself). this make sense to everyone?

Caporegime
OP
The rules are pretty straight forward, have you guys been drinking already!? :o

My email was in the junk? :o

If you're drinking to win, then I can tell you that you're going to be disappointed. ;)

...I hope they are matey, one can only but try :) Oh and yes it was in Junk lol honestly, don't worry you are safley tucked in your own wee folder now.

SERIOUS POINT: Please people that have emailed the competition address ... continue to use your same email throughout the competition for any entries. Thanks.

Caporegime
OP
Right ok, took me a few attempts but I definitely get how it works now! :p If we're doing C in 3 weeks time then DEFINITELY change my vote to Cyprus!

Not if the beer's good! :cool:

OK I'll stick your vote down for C as Cyprus albeit the way the voting is, it looks the Czech Republic will be the winner.

Caporegime
OP
Come on people, 17 (not including myself) out of 28 have replied to the competition email address, we can't start anything till everyone has. Still aiming for Saturday 4th August as the start but it all swings on those still to email.

Caporegime
OP
Bump:
Could the following person please vote on countries of choice A - C. Check page 1 for present standings.

1. ots3go

Could everybody that has the competition email address please email a confirmation of who they are and remember to stick to that account thanks.

Cheers folks it's just to get everything set up :)

So far we have....

1. aceface57
  2. Going_to_Cali
  3. Belmit
  4. pieplough
  5. Kanifee
  6. seabiscuit
  7. Mrs_Seakitchen
  8. Kilkus
  9. Spuj1988
  10. Judgeneo
  11. GhostlyPea
  12. p1RATE
  13. Ahleckz (had to laugh it was in the Junk folder)
  14. pingwing
  15. manveruppd
  16. Mike306
  17. PapaLazaru
  18. CANNONBALL
  19. Clov!s
  20. silent
  21. Gilly
  22. ots3go

Sooner this ^ is filled the sooner we start :)

Think of the shame of being last name down... :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'll probably email you a picture this weekend for A Jester. I'm going to be in Barcelona next Saturday. I'm reckoning that it'll be America.

I trust for sake of consistency, America = USA?

I just wanted to brag that I'm going to Barcelona. ;)

Saturday the 4TH?!? Oh, bum, that's my Stag do.
Still, I suppose I may have half a glass of the drink you fine folks call beeer, on that evening. To see what it tastes of, of course.

Just to keep everybody right... IF.... we start. I'm trying for the 4th August but unless all those that have signed up send the email in then the start date may be pushed back further.

Secondly so as not to cause any confusion, it has already been established that you can send your picture in before the saturday 8pm deadline each week (sunday - saturday). So please don't think everything has to be done on a saturday.

Anyone going away on holiday (anything over a week say) may send two weeks entries within one week 'ONLY' with approval and they must be sent clearly marked as two seperate emails!

Ok people I'm off to bed, work tomorrow, so I won't be back on here till after 8 ish tomorrow night.

Come on the rest of you! Get those emails in!

Caporegime
OP
That's jolly clever!

Nothing hard to do matey BUT it only works as long as everyone continues to use the same email for sending the pics in :) SO PLEASE ALL REMEMBER THIS.

OK had another two people confirm via email, Ive updated the list. Still lots more to do it. Hurry up please people :)

Caporegime
OP
I'm sure people will say what they are drinking. Let's start now! :D

Nothing to do with the fact I already have my picture... ;)

Oi you try cahsing some names that arent on the list above and never worry about rushing to get drinking :p Right I'm off to work again, catch you all later :)

Come on the rest of ya!

Caporegime
OP
Only two people haven't emailed him back, so there's not going to be a "pile" of emails.

What? Only two people emailed me yesterday and I added them to the list above. We now have 19 (that's 20 including myself) so another 8 people still have to email. Still in work now but I'll be home later to chase a few.... again.

Oh and create a list of shame.... ;)

Caporegime
OP
Ok just home, well actually just out of the shower and sat down with a cold beer after coming in from work :) Good news..... more emails in the competition email inbox hurray :D this now means we have 5 more people to still email their confirmation... they are... slow drum please:

~Divine~Wind~
Jolteh
Marvt74
opstrat
satchef1

Could the above please send an email stating who they are into the competition email address please, ASAP. If you don't have the email address then contact me and I'll firstly ask why has it taken you so long and then supply it ... :)

OK all in the above list I have trust messaged you all the competition email address again and requested you confirm who you are via it asap.

Still aiming to start next Saturday 4th August ..... The first three countries have been decided...

A = America
B = Belgium
C = Czech Republic

This means the first week your beer selection will be from America :)

I'm only posting this to give people time BUT please don't send an email with a beer picture as yet UNTIL I confirm on here the competition has started. Thanks all :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
America?

Would have preferred Argentina, do the yanks even brew anything of note?

Time to start researching!

Hi mate, cheers for email :) You actually still have your vote but it won't change the outcome I'm afraid as all three A - C countries ran away with it.

Still aiming to start next Saturday 4th August ..... The first three countries have been decided...

A = America
B = Belgium
C = Czech Republic

This means the first week your beer selection will be from America :)

Jolteh
Marvt74
satchef1

Could the above please send an email stating who they are into the competition email address please, ASAP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom