Potentially kicking off in Russia

Soldato
Actually they do, or try to with the Bear reconnaissance aircraft. Seen off by the RAF though.

Nope, they come close but not into our airspace.

Nato planes were scrambled 10 times in a six-hour period on Monday in response to an "unusual peak" of Russian flights in several areas, the Western military alliance said on Tuesday.

They intercepted planes near alliance airspace in the North Atlantic, North Sea, Baltic and Black Sea, Nato said.

Nato intercepts Russian planes '10 times in a day' - BBC News

Soldato
The story has been updated to include a report from a journalist onboard HMS Defender. He confirms that no warning shots were fired.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57583363

You read his report that he heard shots fired and your conclusion is that no warning shots were fired?

Both Russian and the UK statements were already made, its pretty straightforward to understand that what happened once you removed PR spin from both country's statement.

Soldato
You read his report that he heard shots fired and your conclusion is that no warning shots were fired?

Both Russian and the UK statements were already made, its pretty straightforward to understand that what happened once you removed PR spin from both country's statement.

Dumb it down for me.

Soldato
There were shenanigans afoot last week. False data was being fed into AIS tracking websites showing HMS Defender and her Dutch consort HNLMS Evertsen just off the Russian naval base at Sevastopol, despite the fact that they were both alongside in Odessa at the time, and could be viewed on publicly accessible webcams as doing so.

Perhaps Putin and his lackeys trying to setup a story in their domestic press about mean old daddy NATO picking on hapless little Russia?

Man of Honour
I read his report that he heard shots fired which didn't appear to be close. It was the same report that said there were training exercises in the area.

We did hear some firing in the distance but they were believed to be well out of range.

Soldato
I read his report that he heard shots fired which didn't appear to be close. It was the same report that said there were training exercises in the area.

We did hear some firing in the distance but they were believed to be well out of range.

Reads like warning shots to me. Obviously they are not going to be aimed at the destroyer, hence they are a warning shot.

I mean come on, it is obvious what happened. The Russians did the most harmless warning shots they could do in order to save face and the UK is simply viewing it as and I quote the MoD "we do not recognise the claim that bombs were dropped in her path."

Read between the lines, it is clear what happened. The UK planned a manoeuvre that would obviously annoy the russians but since we do not recognise crimean annexation it is well within the our right use that route and the russians had to respond in a the most non-escalating way in order to defend their perceived soverngnity over the peninsula.

They were warning shots, the most toothless pathetic but warning shots nonetheless, and yes it absolutely right for the UK to spin it as they did but disregarding the PR spit we can agree that they were warning shots, cant we?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sure the Russian will be reporting, with equal amusement our new indoctrination educational song

The song ends with the words: “Strong Britain, Great Nation!” repeated four times.

- it might fit in with Boris's global britain, and HMS queen elizabeth tour -
should fire Kash Singh the organiser of it, just inteviewed on r4pm completely naive.

Soldato
Some interesting footage on BBC news showing them getting ready with fire gear, loading ammunition etc, some close ups on aircraft coming a bit close. They clearly knew that they would get a reaction though and just seems to be the UK making a point about upholding international waters and having a BBC journalist onboard to record it all.

Soldato
Some interesting footage on BBC news showing them getting ready with fire gear, loading ammunition etc, some close ups on aircraft coming a bit close. They clearly knew that they would get a reaction though and just seems to be the UK making a point about upholding international waters and having a BBC journalist onboard to record it all.

It was absolutely a planned PR move. HMS Destroyed sailed from Odessa port after the UK signed a agreement to support of Ukrainian naval capabilities (ie £££££) https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...t-enhancement-of-ukrainian-naval-capabilities

Permabanned
Let me get this straight, we refuse to acknowledge that Crimea is Russian so we send our warship and act as if its Ukranian waters. Somehow a BBC reporter is on there with a crew (conveniently) - filming the reaction of how things are getting serious with no one understanding why? Why on earth are Russians angry with our ship in 'Ukranian' waters. Brave Brits are frothing at mouth in their arm-chairs already, the glorious Type 45 is about to take out whole Russian army and navy and air-force in Crimea single handedly. After all, all tankies have is some mig-21's and T-34's on land acting as coastal defense.

BBC conveys message that UK ship is under attack for no reason. Shots fired, bombs dropping etc, WW3 incoming. Then begins back-pedaling everything, apparently no shots fired at all.

Can't wait for China to send their bombers to fly over Taiwan, after all - according to Chinese, Taiwan is not its own country. UK just set a very recent precedent with this action.

Absolute joke seriously, another win for Putin and Xi propaganda at home. Well done. All for what? A PR move because Ukraine of all places - is buying some ships from UK?

Back
Top Bottom