Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Been thru loads of Pz2 bits on building my shed/workshop (probably 1500 screws and 25+ bits)

Id use dewalt ones for heavy driving. Makita are trash, the milwaukee I had aren't much better.

Haven't yet tried the wera ones but heard good things.
Ended up going with DeWalt, did look at others but DeWalt set I chose has everything I need.

Thoughts on multi tools needed

I have a mains powered one, and I was using it a lot last weekend, could deffo feel the hand arm vibration afterwards.
Which left me wondering if it being a cheap "no name" one means its likely to be much higher in hand arm vibration than a decent make.

I have bosch 18v pro as my main power tools.
But the multi tool is silly expensive in this make.
Pretty much the same for all the known makes.

There is titan at like £70 but I wonder are these all that "vibratey" for want of a better term.

Any thoughts?

I mean maybe its just the nature of the beast.

I have a mains powered one, and I was using it a lot last weekend, could deffo feel the hand arm vibration afterwards.
Which left me wondering if it being a cheap "no name" one means its likely to be much higher in hand arm vibration than a decent make.

There is titan at like £70 but I wonder are these all that "vibratey" for want of a better term.

Any thoughts?

I'd agree, I think the cheaper multi tools don't isolate the vibrations from the user anywhere as well as the more premium brands.

I have a dirt cheap no-name 240V version that I refuse to use as my hands feel tingly/numb after a short while whereas the Makita one doesn't fatigue me at all despite it being considerably heavier because of it's battery.

If it's something you see yourself using a lot in the future I think you'll have to stump up for the pro Bosch one.

Any thoughts?

Ive got the cheaper makita lxt one which has lasted quite a while however it is a bit of a pain changing the bits with a hex key. Fortunately easy to change the bolt.

Think vibration is to be expected!

Mines DeWalt 18V, it can be a bit vibraty but its not as bad as you describe.

I think the DeWalt is only £90 for the bare unit at the moment @screwfix, blades are qick release, takes seconds and compatible with off brand blades. Grab a cheap battery adapter off ebay and use your Bosch batteries if one is available.

Edit: this may not be the right adapter for bosch pro but there will be one

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Must admit I haven't found it a problem before but its done some work over 4 years or so.
I was using it to scrape some flexible hardwood glue off concrete and it took some effort so it was probably worst case.

Think I will hold out for now and keep an eye out for a good offer.
Or until I need one for a more major job.
I don't have any planned jobs that would specifically need one planned so maybe I don't need one now ;)

Those multitool is one of those 'get out of jail' tools that doesn't really have a specific purpose but when you need it, you really need it.

That said, if you already have a corded one, I'm not sure what value you'd really be getting from a cordless other than saving getting the extension lead out when you need it.

Any thoughts?

I reckon it's nature of the beast. There's surely only so much dampening you can do within that size/weight.

Using it for long periods is going to cause issues regardless.

Last edited:
Those multitool is one of those 'get out of jail' tools that doesn't really have a specific purpose but when you need it, you really need it.

That said, if you already have a corded one, I'm not sure what value you'd really be getting from a cordless other than saving getting the extension lead out when you need it.
Bought one, didn't use it for months.... Then dropped something under the floorboards and needed to cut out a well shaped hole; finally it got it's first outing.

Don't know how I managed without one

Last edited:
Generally universal but your saw should have a spec for total diameter and spindle size. Only a blade that matches that size will fit, there are lots of variations but nothing should be proprietary.

More teeth = nicer cut
Kerf/thinner blade = nicer cut but will wear out more quickly

125 / 135mm is pretty standard from memory, but if we're in tracksaw land that might be different. Screwfix and the like allow you to filter by size and then type - you can even find the more teeth versions as above

Back
Top Bottom