Power Tools & General Tools Recommendations & Advice

Soldato
I'm in the market for an SDS drill,

I love Dewalt's gear and have narrowed it down to a D25133K-GB - but i'm open to other manufacturers.

I can get it for around £100 - are there any better alternatives for around the same price?

Thanks.

Soldato
It depends if this deal has been posted on HotUKDeals and all the greedy people are buying 10 at a time to re-sell on ebay for a profit.

I'm very tempted, but i have a corded SDS.

Soldato
Anyone got the Dewalt Flexivolt 54v gear? Looks really interesting, pretty much got to the stage where a cordless tool can be as powerful as a corded i think. The 190mm circular saw has caught my eye, looks like an awesome bit of kit. I have been wanting a cordless circ saw for ages, but was worried how an 18v saw would handle oak worktops etc, but from what I have read the new flexivolt version should cut them with ease. They also do a cordless tablesaw! Its very expensive at the moment though, but then again it comes with 2 x 6AH batteries, which you can also use in you normal 18v gear.

Soldato
Yeah I think so but I only have a 1/4 router so not sure how it'd fair on solid oak. Maybe suitable with enough passes just bit by bit.

It's for a desk worktop and she wants it a bit curved to fit in a corner which could be tricky, she doesn't like square L shaped styles. I'm wondering if I should get quite a few lengths of 2"x2" and glue them together (possible with threaded rods for support which I have in stock) roughly in the shape. Once sanded and oiled I think it'd look quite good without cutting 900mm oak and discarding a lot of it.

Back
Top Bottom