Power/Weight Thread

Soldato
OP
First page all updated guys, well done! :)
Good to see some of us are still making gains at this sucky time of year :)

Soldato
You are probably right.

I'm just frustrated because it felt like I pushed harder but my watts were down by 2W. Not to mention my swimming isn't improving and the middle distance Tri I was going to enter, conveniently located near my parent's house, has been cancelled.:(

**** Mondays. :D

Soldato
You are probably right.

I'm just frustrated because it felt like I pushed harder but my watts were down by 2W. Not to mention my swimming isn't improving and the middle distance Tri I was going to enter, conveniently located near my parent's house, has been cancelled.:(

**** Mondays. :D

Join the club. I did one last week, felt like I nailed it and FTP was 3w down vs before Christmas. Plenty of time to improve though.

Soldato
OP
20mins FTP test thingy on Zwift last night @ 61.8kg = 267w.
4.3w/kg I think it is not bad for this time of year off of nothing but z2 type riding recently and lower volume.

First time I have done a test on a turbo before, I know I could get a higher watt figure on the road so reckon over 20mins I am about 30watts down on peak summer fitness last year and also 2kg heavier just now.

248w for FTP if *0.93 and Zwift set my FTP to 252w now based on its estimates. Either way FTP on either off those > 4w/kg so I am where I want to be as training ramps up for season :)

Soldato
Good progress! Still not found a time or day when I've felt up to an FTP test at the moment, but I expect to be down to around 300w at the moment which is frustrating.

Training camp in Feb should provide a good week of training at least, and I'm miles ahead of this time last year, so still hopeful to try and get FTP closer to 340w peak.

Soldato
OP
Good progress! Still not found a time or day when I've felt up to an FTP test at the moment, but I expect to be down to around 300w at the moment which is frustrating.

Training camp in Feb should provide a good week of training at least, and I'm miles ahead of this time last year, so still hopeful to try and get FTP closer to 340w peak.

I wasn't planning the test, I had about 3 hours sleep night before was feeling pretty naff but just decided after spinning away for 15mins to bash on with it. So definitely wasn't in rested mode for doing it so I'm happier even more so because of that.

Guessing you are heading somewhere in Feb? Where you going?
We are away to FuertaV early February for a week, counting down the days!

Soldato
I wasn't planning the test, I had about 3 hours sleep night before was feeling pretty naff but just decided after spinning away for 15mins to bash on with it. So definitely wasn't in rested mode for doing it so I'm happier even more so because of that.

Guessing you are heading somewhere in Feb? Where you going?
We are away to FuertaV early February for a week, counting down the days!

Javea nr Alicante again this year. Going with a company that are feeding/supporting/massaging us this year which should make it a bit more structured. Already 20c over there at the moment. Can't wait.

Soldato
I expect to be down to around 300w at the moment which is frustrating.

still hopeful to try and get FTP closer to 340w peak.

Dont worry about it.

My max FTP would have been around 340w last year and I guess I'm probably somewhere near 260w right now. This is normal for me. Letting it drop through the winter for base training lets me build to a higher peak in the summer than if I had tried to maintain FTP through the winter.

Soldato
OP
It is normal for everyone unless you are pro and training where weather is and therefore no drop in volume or training allocation. 99% of people like us here in UK will absolutely be pushing a lot less power and way below peak summer fitness levels. Natural, and even still, nobody should be maintaining near their "peak" fitness levels for months on end of the year, that is not possible. It's all about cycles (literally) :D

Back
Top Bottom