PPI Claiming

Soldato
Just had a phone call, or rather my partner did, from one of the banks she has a PPI claim with. As my partner is hard of hearing and in her 70's I am handling this sort of stuff.
The sole aim of these calls and the young girl asking the questions was very pleasant, is to get the claimant to say that no they do not remember being pressured in to taking out PPI in my opinion.
The questions were on a credit card taken out 20 years ago and laughingly you are expected to know word for word what was said .
I told the girl that twenty years ago you did not get a credit card or loan unless you agreed to PPI, no PPI no loan etc. Which is why the banks have had to pay out billions.
I am wondering if they phone the older folk in the hope that they might inadvertently say something that will invalidate any claim.
She did get a bit shirty mind when I said I was recording the phone call, she said I could not and I told her to google the law on it.

A lot of calls and questionnaires to fill in that are sent from the banks are generally designed to trip people up. They're praying the customer contradicts themselves in some way so they've got you.

Associate
I've really only ever banked with the Yorkshire Bank (clydesdale) and had credit cards, loans and mortgages with them over a 30 year period, and never really thought about PPI, but decided to put a claim in through their online claim form.

I've no idea if I've been paying PPI, or if I have, never really needed it as I have never been unemployed or under threat of unemployment/sickness.

We'll see what comes of it.

Associate
I had my phone call from the bank on December 27th to see what I could remember about taking out my PPI ten years ago. The standout questions really were -

1) Do you remember how you were sold the PPI.
2) Do you remember the name of the person who sold you the PPI.
3) Do you remember if it was a man or a woman.

I had no idea apart from it was in branch, the outcome now being a letter yesterday offering me £5800. I started this particular claim back in mid November.

That's the last of my PPI claiming done, but it comes out at roughly £11700 back, so it's worth sticking with.

Soldato
I had my phone call from the bank on December 27th to see what I could remember about taking out my PPI ten years ago. The standout questions really were -

1) Do you remember how you were sold the PPI.
2) Do you remember the name of the person who sold you the PPI.
3) Do you remember if it was a man or a woman.

Pretty much the questions that they expected my 74 year old partner to answer but hers was on a credit card taken out 20 years ago.

Soldato
Well, just thought i would pop in and say thanks for the advice folks. I went through the free check with Claims Guys, then did my own claiming. I was actually suprised i had PPI on any of my own loans as i always said no thanks (parents would have helped me out and i've never been out of work for the last 27yrs). Ended up with £1400 from Barclays. Also put the wifes details through, she told me not to bother as she wouldnt have anything, she ended up with £4000 back, again she has never been out of work and had other means of paying them back. A nice little new year suprise!

Associate
Hey guys. I've been with the same bank forever. And have had loans but I can't remember the dates or even the year. Is it worth going for?

Associate
I've just been through this. Got a letter from RBS back in November. Title of letter was new type of complaint about your PPI and stated an account number. Main text of letter basically said you complained about PPI but we rejected that claim, but since then a supreme court ruling states you can make a new type of complaint and if you think you have a valid complaint complete the online form. Completed said form, couldnt remember half the details they asked about, but i did remember the exact details around the pressure they put me under to take out PPI etc. Last week got another letter saying they had looked into my complaint and completed a thorough investigation and concluded my complaint was valid and i was sold multiple PPI policies (multiple loans over a 12 year period) and in total they owed me 7 thousand pounds!!!.

I was chuffed to say the least and i signed the agreement form, posted it and the money was in my bank yesterday.

Happy days!!!

Soldato
Got a letter from consumer refund service saying the average refund for my area is £3175. Scam? or is it worth applying? I have no loans from my bank, HSBC only from likely loans.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Bit of advice please chaps.

I put a claim in with Natwest a year or two back for a credit card, not long after I had a letter back saying the claim was rejected as the PPI was added two weeks after I took the card out and that I'd called in to add it to the account. Now I know I definitely didn't but it didn't give me any further options to look at it.

Fast forward to earlier this year and I was advised to do a general check by my new GF through a company she'd successfully used, so gave them all the details and let it run. They finally came back and said there was PPI to claim on a Natwest card but as I'd tried to claim myself and been rejected already Natwest said a 2nd attempt couldn't be made and they could take it no further.

So, just for my own clarity it that correct?

Come forward to last week, and why I'm now looking at it all again, I've had a letter from Natwest basically saying that as I'd previously claimed and failed there is a new element to the PPI claims but now over the price of the commission they charged for the service and not the mis selling itself and that I am entitled to claim again for this. Anyone else heard of this?

I've also got a couple of other accounts to check thinking back including egg and tesco loans, but will go through the Resolver site and see what comes up.

Thanks.

Well I submitted the Natwest and Egg details through resolver.

I had a welcome letter still saved from the Egg PPI company but it seems I never actually activated the ppi and so Egg said there was nothing ever active on the account, nothing lost there.

The Natwest one on the other hand finally came back yesterday, they said they would not reopen the older case which was actually in 2013 as there was a 6 month time frame for it to be escalated then and it was past that point. But for the over payment of commission on the policy I've been offered just over £1000 as a settlement. The most annoying thing now is thinking that if the over payment was £1000 then how much was the full policy worth and could I have got back had I followed it up? Oh well, not to say it was missold though either way in the first place. Anyone know if there was anywhere I could go with this to have it looked into or is that now final?

Cheers.

Associate
Anyone able to guide me on how to help the parents on making claims on PPI for mainly Mortgage and some previous car loans. Is there any easy way to trace old account details as they definitely don't have all details recorder over the last 25 years.

Would the last mortgage company have the details of the company they took the mortgage from. Am I correct in saying the claim is against the bank that sold the PPI and not the actual company the PPI was with.

Back
Top Bottom