US: Preacher - 2016

Soldato
that was pretty mental, I can't get over what Emily did :eek: :D

I know. But you have to admit though, it was a very clever and efficient way to get rid of the beta male sex-pest.

Also, just realised tonight that Emily is played by the British chick who played Eric's Sister, Nora, in True Blood. She must've remembered how vamps operate. :p

Soldato
Most of the main cast members are British or Irish :D

Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper) - born and raised in London
Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) - a Lancashire lad
Tulip O'Hare (Ruth Negga) - born in Ethiopia (Irish mother) but raised in Ireland from 4yrs old
Emily (Lucy Griffiths) - a Brighton belle
Fiore (Tom Brooke) - a Londoner
DeBlanc (Anatol Yusef) - born and raised in London of Turkish descent
The Cowboy (Graham McTavish) - Scotish

Caporegime
its not bad but its like constantine it doesnt know where its heading. cant see this being on for many seasons.

some cast members i like.preacher is a pretty decent char but it just feels to me like a filler show.

Soldato
The thing is though...it's not superb.
Not by any stretch...
Breaking bad is superb...
Breaking Bad was a fantastic concept, made into utterly predictable trash... and if *I* think something is predictable, it must make the smarter members of the human race feel like Timelords or something!!

Preacher... I'm giving it some more time, mainly due to being a fan of the comics. Not overly impressed yet, though...

Soldato
It was renewed for season 2 back in June.

With the Cowboy being brought out of Hell to hunt and kill Jesse it should mean that season 2 will not be limited to the church and local town, which should make things a lot better.

Caporegime
It was renewed for season 2 back in June.

With the Cowboy being brought out of Hell to hunt and kill Jesse it should mean that season 2 will not be limited to the church and local town, which should make things a lot better.

I actually watched ep 8 and 9 last night testing my new Amazon Fire 4K and fell asleep.

Utter garbage...I'm done with it...

Man of Honour
I've quite enjoyed it to date, slow burning with some very amusing bits and visually very effective.

Finish the song got pretty weird repeating Ratwater, but ties in well :)

Having read a few of the comics i get the impression it's looping back to finish S1 where the comic started and have a very dramatic ending...

Soldato
Some genuine laugh out loud moments in this.

The two angels booking their tickets to Hell, was laughing so much.

"Serial Killer....Architect" :D

Soldato
This looks quite good going from the trailer,Not sure what to think of Joe Gilgun been in it though,He seems so out of place with the accent..guess i wont know until i watch it though.

Man of Honour
totally missed the Breaking Bad call back in Finish the Song, but just spotted it in call and response.

Not quite the finale i was expecting, but where it needed to go none the less, season 2 will have to be totally different, but then s1 hasn't been especially consistent.

Permabanned
Enjoyed it although it took them 10 episodes to end up where the comics did a couple of issues in. They took the long way round and nearly lost me in the middle but the last couple of episodes redeemed it

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Was a wacky and unpredictable fun ride through out the season, keeper for now :)

ditched outcast since preacher just more fun, wild and funny

Soldato
I'm late to the party with this and honestly haven't enjoyed a show this much in a good while. It's probably best I didn't read the comics first as that rarely turns out well! Either way, loved it. Bring on season 2!

Back
Top Bottom