Precision Bomb hit Baghdad market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
US has confirmed that they were targetting an area where there was Iraqi surface to surface missile launchers in a civilian area, less than 300 feet away from civilian homes.

They have not actually said that this is related to the market bombing tragedy, but the BBC are concluding that this is their way of saying "yes we did it".

Permabanned
Just watching horrific pictures on Ch4 of the aftermath of the bomb.. this is what war is like and this is why I'm against it :( People incinerated in their cars, children horribly burned.. :mad:

Associate
OK now the Pentagon briefing people are saying that they dont know what exactly caused the incident so the BBC were jumping the gun a bit maybe.

Permabanned
These images go out around the world, and whatever the rights and wrongs of the war, they will increase hatred of the US and UK, act as a recruiting sergeant for Al Queda and increase the risk of terrorism.

:mad:

Associate
Originally posted by dirtydog
These images go out around the world, and whatever the rights and wrongs of the war, they will increase hatred of the US and UK, act as a recruiting sergeant for Al Queda and increase the risk of terrorism.

:mad:

Yes that is true but only for this momment in time. :)

Man of Honour
Just watching horrific pictures on Ch4 of the aftermath of the bomb.. this is what war is like and this is why I'm against it :( People incinerated in their cars, children horribly burned.. :mad:

Don't jump the gun mate.

There are many explanations, one is we made a mistake, one is also that an Iraqi SAM went up and fell back down.

We just don't know yet, so best not to shoot our mouthes of either way.

A more worrything at the mo, is the 1000 RG vehicles moving south!

Permabanned
Regardless of who fired the missile, war will result in things like this.

I wouldn't worry about the RG vehicles - I'd be more worried for them, if they meet the same fate of the retreating Iraqis on the Basra road in the last gulf war, ie. incineration when they were caught in a turkey shoot by allied jets.

Permabanned
I wouldn't worry about the RG vehicles - I'd be more worried for them, if they meet the same fate of the retreating Iraqis on the Basra road in the last gulf war, ie. incineration when they were caught in a turkey shoot by allied jets.
Yeah cos letting Iraqi forces regroup unhindered after a defeat is such a sensible decision.

Soldato

My heart bleeds for the Republican Guard....well, not really ;). I hope they all surrender though before it gets to a Mutla Ridge sort of stage, but if they don't, and they knew what to expect (and I would think they would be pretty sure) then they have it coming to them. I feel pity for the Iraqi regular army, mostly conscripted, but the Republican Guard are generally loyal volunteers to Saddan Hussein, so basically, it wouldn't actually bother me all that much if they do meet the fate of the Iraqis on the Basra road in 1991.

Last edited:
Associate

No offense, that sounds very sypethetic to those enemy tanks?

I know I don't need to remind you that these are the people who were using there own people as human shields. For all tense and purposes these civilians were hostages.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by BigBadBenny
No offense, that sounds very sypethetic to those enemy tanks?

I know I don't need to remind you that these are the people who were using there own people as human shields. For all tense and purposes these civilians were hostages.

and the same people pretending to be POW's then opening fire on the forces taking them in.

Permabanned
I can't help but feel some sympathy for people who are going to be killed - especially when they haven't done me or mine any harm; it's not as if it's an even contest is it. The iraqi military is pathetic, with ancient rusting tanks which are no match for allied armour; no cruise missiles; no air force (to all intents and purposes). And this is the country that is such a threat to us, and has been compared to Germany in the 1930s! It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I can't help but feel some sympathy for people who are going to be killed - especially when they haven't done me or mine any harm; it's not as if it's an even contest is it. The iraqi military is pathetic, with ancient rusting tanks which are no match for allied armour; no cruise missiles; no air force (to all intents and purposes). And this is the country that is such a threat to us, and has been compared to Germany in the 1930s! It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

well why dont they get rid of their aweful leaders and then it will all be over:rolleyes: Its not like they havent had time

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Damn them for not getting rid of their leader when we told them to! Their time is up.. Bush is "sick and tired" and has run out of patience.

not just bush but, what is it, 42 countries? They can also surrender and be treated well and when the war is over get to go back home.

Soldato

The republican guard haven't done any harm, oh try telling that to the Kuwaitis and my friends living there :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Originally posted by Will
The republican guard haven't done any harm, oh try telling that to the Kuwaitis and my friends living there :rolleyes:

I said they haven't done me or mine any harm. Strangely I find it hard to feel hatred for people I don't know, who fall into that category.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I said they haven't done me or mine any harm. Strangely I find it hard to feel hatred for people I don't know, who fall into that category.

and I find it hard to have sympathy for people who do the things I have mentioned and more. I am not saying everyone in Iraq is like that. But I cant find sympathy for people who would so willingly kill innocent civilians, like what Saddam is doing to his own people

Soldato

Fair enough I suppose......its not hard for me to find hatred for the RG though, in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom