• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Precision Boost Overdrive How Much Over Max Boost You Have

Associate
OP
Nothing would go pop if it had not already,it is your motherboard/cpu and if you want more out of it,change settings and try.My CPU boost to almost 200mhz written on the box and so can yours.If BIOS permits.

Associate
Oh I'm not complaining mucker! I just dont get it, must be some issue with how HW info reads the stuff. I did see an HWinfo beta when I booted the programme earlier. I'll try the beta I think
No offence intended (just jealous cause went for 3700x myself :D)
In Ryzen I have them set to MAx and you can see from the Ryzen home screen they are at their max. I went into PBO and set the max limits manually (PPT, TDC, EDC) 142W 95A 140A and then it wouldnt boost to over 57W. SO reapplied the Ryzen maxes.

Should I go into the PBO menu and set them at 1000W 300A & 500A? Or will it go pop?

Manual was well lower for me too ( for some reason) , motherboards limits works a treat, to be honest looking at it regarding bioses etc - sometimes less settings could be blessing in disguise.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately for me, I think you are correct. I'll get my dunce hat.

If there are any Ryzen 3000 Spacktard guides around I'd love to read one

No it is new and everyone is a dunce just about with Ryzen stuff. The best performance is pretty much what AMD has done and that is a very good thing.As Lolik says manual usually results in lower scores over AMD algorithm where boost is involved with there own overclocking,do not worry about the higher numbers or matching intel 5.0Ghz number when a Ryzen can be faster at 4250Mhz than a 9900K @ 5200Mhz.Now to the nutbars this statement above will not be accurate for 100% of all situations ever in the world.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
ok...here is hwinfo

It's performing pretty much the same as my 3700x by the looks of it. Infact mine only boosts to 4.05Ghz in CB15 multi threaded. So yours is 50-100Mhz higher, but I think that's because I have RAM running at 3600M/T's and my soc, vddg/vddp voltages are slightly higher giving less headroom to boost.

I normally score anywhere from 2060 to 2105 in CB15.

Associate
ok...here is hwinfo

Did you see the Current reading of clocks while the bench was running? My R7 2700 runs at 3300MHz on all cores in C15 MT as designed. In ST one or two cores boost to 4100 MHz again by design.

Now, run ST and watch the core clocks and see if one or two cores boost to 4.4GHz. if not, then prolly Lolik can help you fix it.

A shorter test would be CPUZ bench.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Just an update for anyone that's interested regarding not hitting advertised boost on single core.

I've been back and forth emailing AsRock Tech support and trying beta bios's they've sent me etc.

They can reproduce the issue I was having with my 3700x not quite hitting normal single core boost of 4.4Ghz (was hitting 4.375Ghz on only about 3 or 4 cores on every bios version after their AGESA 1.0.0.1) on X370 Taichi.

So at least they are aware of the issue and can reproduce my results, they are looking into it and will update me when they find anything.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Just an update for anyone that's interested regarding not hitting advertised boost on single core.

I've been back and forth emailing AsRock Tech support and trying beta bios's they've sent me etc.

They can reproduce the issue I was having with my 3700x not quite hitting normal single core boost of 4.4Ghz (was hitting 4.375Ghz on only about 3 or 4 cores on every bios version after their AGESA 1.0.0.1) on X370 Taichi.

So at least they are aware of the issue and can reproduce my results, they are looking into it and will update me when they find anything.

Well AsRock got back to me after some testing and I got the following reply;

"After checking the conclusion is that it is related to the AGESA code. So we have reported it to AMD so they can also have a look at it. If I get any update then I will let you know. Otherwise hopefully it will fixed with the next AGESA/BIOS version"

So it seems the problem lies with AMD, who I also informed, so it's not your CPU's it's purely a BIOS/AGESA issue.

Caporegime
Well AsRock got back to me after some testing and I got the following reply;

"After checking the conclusion is that it is related to the AGESA code. So we have reported it to AMD so they can also have a look at it. If I get any update then I will let you know. Otherwise hopefully it will fixed with the next AGESA/BIOS version"

So it seems the problem lies with AMD, who I also informed, so it's not your CPU's it's purely a BIOS/AGESA issue.

Subbed to this :)

Back
Top Bottom