• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Precision Boost Overdrive How Much Over Max Boost You Have

Caporegime
3700X with X570 Taichi. Max boost with any settings 4.3ghz. BIOS is plain broken when it comes to boosting. Using Ryzen Balanced power plan, is that still the best setting?

4.3ghz all core 1.35V is stable for me though.

Associate
3700X with X570 Taichi. Max boost with any settings 4.3ghz. BIOS is plain broken when it comes to boosting. Using Ryzen Balanced power plan, is that still the best setting?

4.3ghz all core 1.35V is stable for me though.

I'm stable at 4.2 for my 3600 at 1.35V. I know 1.325 is the 'safe' level, but actually with VCore set to 1.35 the individual VIDs for each core is max 1.325

Associate
OP
If I want to run at a certain clock speed.No voltage would limit me,especially when you have a warranty ,how the hell would anyone know.
Just saying but 3600/3600X are lower binned parts and most people will need 1.35v which is fine and would last for 5 years easy.

Associate
So I duno but does this voltage look especially high? I have everything on default and precision boost turned off in driver and BIOS, I am on Ryzen Balanced power mode, my core temps are 44.4C and this is running rise of the tomb raider...

https://ibb.co/d7hnjXV

Soldato
Guess my 3600X is getting like that AMD fine wine treatment with age:Boost now up to 4580Mhz.

So what settings are you using? I'm on a B450 Tomahawk Max so should be a similar BIOS.
I'm not clued up on the auto OC or PBO stuff yet, just manually overclocked my 3600x to 4.2GHz all core without any problems, won't post at 4.3.
Want to try something else now.

Associate
Scrap that, I updated W10 to 1903 because I forgot it didn't go through previously. Then I reinstalled the latest chipset drivers and huzzah:

ycKcfn6.png
That's pretty good! Even the 'slower' 6 cores are doing quite well, do the 4.5/4.6ghz clocks hold for a decent amount of time as in not just a momentary peak before
dropping back? Ideally I'd want at least one thread flying along at 4.6ghz for as long as needed.

Soldato
That's pretty good! Even the 'slower' 6 cores are doing quite well, do the 4.5/4.6ghz clocks hold for a decent amount of time as in not just a momentary peak before
dropping back? Ideally I'd want at least one thread flying along at 4.6ghz for as long as needed.

Very light loads a couple of cores will flick about between 4.5XGHzx and 4.6XGHz. But generally and especially gaming, it's all over the shop due to the dynamic way of boosting.

This is the first CPU in many, many years that I will not overclock :eek:.

Caporegime
I seem to be getting exactly what i paid for. 2 cores boosting over 4.6, and 3 cores boosting over 4.5. The rest pushing along at between 4.2-4.4. Seems fine to me. Again, as others have noticed, CCX 1 seems heavily binned compared to CCX 2. Much better performer across all cores.

oF11o73h.png.jpg

Back
Top Bottom