Premier League Fixtures - 16/17th August (Spoilers)

Soldato
Chelsea looked solid, Portsmouth looked crap. James upto his usual tricks.

United team:

GK: VDS

RB: Brown
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra

RM: Fletcher
CM: Carrick
CM: Scholes
LM: Giggs

CF: Campbell
CF: Rooney

Happy to see Brown get the nod ahead of Neville. Tevez has had a death in the family apparantly which sucks but nevermind. Gonna be a close game I think.

Caporegime
Wayne Rooney recovers from a virus to lead the line for Manchester United and he is partnered by youngster Frazier Campbell, as Carlos Tevez has flown back to Argentina following a family bereavement

I didn't realise Tevez wasn't playing :( So we have one unfit striker and one unproved one? I hope we sign someone soon.

Soldato
First, let me get one thing out of the way - Chelsea were stunning.

However.

Portsmouth pretty much stood there and let Chelsea pick how many goals they wanted. Quite how Deco scored that is beyond me, David James should have saved that easily, rather than just palm it into his own net.

And of course, we'll see the "performance of the season" from Pompey a week tomorrow. ;)

Happy to see Brown get the nod ahead of Neville. Tevez has had a death in the family apparantly which sucks but nevermind. Gonna be a close game I think.

I assume Saha will never pull on a United shirt again? :confused:

Soldato
NUFC: Shay Given, Habib Beye, Charles N'Zogbia, Fabricio Coloccini, Steven Taylor, Nicky Butt (c), Danny Guthrie, Jonas Gutierrez, Damien Duff, Oba Martins
Subs: Steve Harper, Jose Enrique, Geremi, Alan Smith, David Edgar, Sebastien Bassong, Ryan Donaldson

Not sure why we've only named ten players. :confused:

BBC say Milner playing now! Phew :p

Soldato
Strongish side for us today then, our back 5 is the strongest we could put out.

Nice to see Campbell start, he had a good game when he came on against Pompy.

Fletch was hot and cold in that game, did really well at times and had some flops at others.

Shame for Tevez :(

Back
Top Bottom