Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Soldato
If you can claim a winning amount of a false name set to your account / random other named account you set up in sure you'll have a visit from someone regarding fraud / tax related issues.

Tax related issues? isnt premium bonds tax free savings?

"Do you have to declare Premium Bonds on a tax return?

Tax and you do not need to declare it on your tax return.

Why would they be knocking because of tax related issues

Last edited:
Soldato
Tax related issues? isnt premium bonds tax free savings?

"Do you have to declare Premium Bonds on a tax return?

Tax and you do not need to declare it on your tax return.

Why would they be knocking because of tax related issues

Premium bonds are tax free up to 50k per person. So if you're looking to exploit that and hold more is it not then a tax related issue?

Soldato
Premium bonds are tax free up to 50k per person. So if you're looking to exploit that and hold more is it not then a tax related issue?
Looking at some of the people on here, who are saying they have just won (for instance" £275 on 50K) what happens to that £275 ? do they have to withdraw it straight away? assuming that by winning 275, it cant be auto re-invested, that means they would hold £50,275 , which would mean it would become a tax issue?

what happens in this scenario? does it just get withdrawn straight away at the point of winning in to your regular bank account?

Soldato
Looking at some of the people on here, who are saying they have just won (for instance" £275 on 50K) what happens to that £275 ? do they have to withdraw it straight away? assuming that by winning 275, it cant be auto re-invested, that means they would hold £50,275 , which would mean it would become a tax issue?

what happens in this scenario? does it just get withdrawn straight away at the point of winning in to your regular bank account?

Paid into your bank account automatically or a cheque sent out like the old days I presume as I've never held the full amount

Soldato

You can't go over 50k, I have an NS&I savings account and pay it in there, but you can pay it out to your bank instead.

Soldato
You can't go over 50k, I have an NS&I savings account and pay it in there, but you can pay it out to your bank instead.

I read recently though somebody managed to hold more than £50k somehow and ended up winning on the bonds above the limit, but NS&I disqualified those prizes, not sure how that happened.

Back
Top Bottom