Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Associate
I guess as unfortunate as it would be, that's another possible option, but would seem strange if their account was still active, surely they would still recieve it, unless the bond number was still in circulation but the account was settled and closed.

If someone dies their bonds will continue to win prizes until NS&I are informed of the death, the problem is the bonds are only eligible to receive prizes for one year after the death. When NS&I are informed they will only pay out the prizes that occurred within that first year, any that occurred after are reallocated to other people.
I was speaking to someone who had premium bonds passed down to them from a deceased relative, I told them to inform NS&I immediately and get them cashed in as they wouldn't be able to claim any subsequent prizes. Imagine winning a large prize and not being able to claim it, I think it's a rather odious practice, I don't see why it should be that way.

Soldato
@Derek W
are you keeping some kinda master spreadsheet of people’s winnings and returns ratios?
if so, do you care to share? I’m just sad and like looking at numbers.. lol

:cry: No, I'm not keeping any spreadsheet or anything. I'm just happy to see it when folk win and I can sympathise with the ones who miss out. Been there, done that got the t-shirt even though I've never reached the heights of some folks investments.

Soldato
:cry: No, I'm not keeping any spreadsheet or anything. I'm just happy to see it when folk win and I can sympathise with the ones who miss out. Been there, done that got the t-shirt even though I've never reached the heights of some folks investments.
Lol… shame, as I would like to see if the APRs actually to work out and we do have a large enough sample here.

not sure how many people will report winning sweat FA again and again thou..

Associate
Each bond is worth £1.
If you look at your bond record, it lists the blocks in which you bought them in.
Eg, if at 1 point you bought £5ks worth, there will be a row showing starting number and end number for 5000 bonds.

I think he means what sized block won the prize.
You often find large contiguous blocks win more prizes than small spread out bonds.

I have a 6k block that wins more than the other load of 8k bonds that are in smaller chunks.

Soldato
If you look at your bond record, it lists the blocks in which you bought them in.
Eg, if at 1 point you bought £5ks worth, there will be a row showing starting number and end number for 5000 bonds.

I think he means what sized block won the prize.
You often find large contiguous blocks win more prizes than small spread out bonds.

I have a 6k block that wins more than the other load of 8k bonds that are in smaller chunks.
Now do lottery numbers

Back
Top Bottom