Premium Bonds - If you post to say how much you've won, please also say how much you have invested.

Associate
That's simply because you have more bonds in the larger blocks... the more bonds the more likely that one of them is going to be picked out.
Nope. More bonds combined in the other smaller blocks.

Edit:
I know what I've done wrong.
That 40% of bonds 6K block, won more in monetary value than the rest in 2023. But the number of wins was 37% of total wins for the year, so I guess that's about right.

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Dammit, was planning to buy my first ever bonds at end of December so could be in Feb draw but totally forgot. Hopefully will remember to do it this month!

Soldato
Dammit, was planning to buy my first ever bonds at end of December so could be in Feb draw but totally forgot. Hopefully will remember to do it this month!

I was going to go for moloko... lol

• Haha
Reactions: A2Z
Soldato
people still waste time with these things? I would have thought the free trade platforms and £20k ISA allowances would have destroyed them by now.

Associate
people still waste time with these things? I would have thought the free trade platforms and £20k ISA allowances would have destroyed them by now.
I think many have already maxed their ISA allowance so dump the remainder into bonds. My bonds performance was OK compared to interest levels offered for ISAa but dipped below a threshold I wasn't happy with so I pulled 20k mid last year and put it into an ISA @5.9%. The 25.6k I have left in bonds now isn't seeing great returns at all annoyingly.

Last edited:
Associate
I might

I think many have already maxed their ISA allowance so dump the remainder into bonds. My bonds performance was OK compared to interest levels offered for ISAa but dipped below a threshold I wasn't happy with so I pulled 20k mid last year and put it into an ISA @5.9%. The 25.6k I have left in bonds now isn't seeing great returns at all annoyingly.
Yes this is true. I have a 2 year isa paying 5% but that was taken out in this tax year so I am stuck until April.
There is also a chance of a big win which makes saving a bit more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom