Prepare for Imminant Spider Invasion

Soldato
you cant miss this one, its a huuuuuuge fly!

63202482.BEgMZ6Rb.bestfocusorangelonglegbug01.jpg

Permabanned
We don't really suffer from daddy longlegs as the chickens eat the immature ones ie. leatherjackets when they over winter in the lawn, so they never get a chance to grow to maturity. You can buy a nematode that you water into the lawn which kills them too.

The weird thing is that when the children were born, we made the decision not to pass on our phobia to them, so every time that we saw a spider when they were growing up, we commented on what a lovely spider it was etc. etc. so they have grown up completely at home with our 8 legged friends. This proves that unless you have a direct incident which makes you phobic, it is a learnt response. It has also made us much less scared than we were too.

Soldato
I evicted a common house spider with a leg span roughly the size of Northumberland from my bedroom a few days ago. A smaller one has setup shop in the bathroom now.

I have more than just a jar and piece of A4 in my arsenal though, if they get out of hand I will be forced to break out the .45 ACP and white phosphorous grenades.

I actually quite like spiders, fascinating creatures ...but not in my house.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a vent in my bedroom wall, the other side of which is just under a large transparent roofed section before the garage.

The supports and in fact all round the edges of this roof is infested with spiders.

When they get big enough they come into my room because it's warmer.

As long as I don't see them that's fine.

If they get spotted then they die. Those are the rules.

It's too annoying to do things when you know there's a spider with a leg span that would cover a large hand minus fingers, sitting on the wall watching you or scuttling about.

I try to make sure they don't suffer. Flattened instantly.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I actually quite like spiders, fascinating creatures ...but not in my house.

Exactly. My house was built for humans not spiders. I have no problem with them as long as they're outside.

I have a vent in my bedroom wall, the other side of which is just under a large transparent roofed section before the garage.

Me too but I stuffed loads of newspaper into the hole the day I moved in!

Back
Top Bottom