Prey demo (XB1 & PS4)

Associate
The original was an uninspired corridor shooter, and so I'm glad they cancelled the sequel in favour of a reboot. I don't see the appeal of a humorous old-school FPS. I bought Shadow Warrior 2 and it was a major disappointment!

This game is right up my street, however. I particularly love the freedom of exploration, RPG elements, unique enemy concept etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying the demo, I've put a fair amount of time in to it. Was it enough to convince to purchase? Quite likely.
However not at £45 digital or £40 physical. Like all games these days I'll come to the party 4-5 months late and get it a lot cheaper.

Associate
Enjoying the demo, I've put a fair amount of time in to it. Was it enough to convince to purchase? Quite likely.
However not at £45 digital or £40 physical. Like all games these days I'll come to the party 4-5 months late and get it a lot cheaper.

Ah, the beauty of PC gaming. Cost me less than £26 with bonus DLC!

Permabanned
I love how every other news about it reads like an ad. You don't have to do it, devs and publishers, I'll buy anything that looks and plays like this. It's like Bioshpck, only good and all Sci-Fi and, hopefully, with better writing.
I don't play demos, but the return of this practive of releasing playable bits is so amusingly nostalgic I can't help but think that this is going to be a good, old-school GOOD game. Like Deus Ex, the original one.

Soldato
Had some credit at Game so picked it up, playing on PS4 Pro and plays smoothly although it's not exactly a looker.

Input lag is better than the demo although combat still not a strong point. The story and exploration side are good so far though. Hopefully as you get more powers and weapons the combat opens up a bit like Bioshock.

Soldato
The sound is all over the place in the PS4 version too. The voices of the recordings and person who talks to you are too quiet whilst sound effects boom out. Adjusting the audio sliders does not help. The Xbox version is much better with voices being louder... ?

Thought this was meant to be fixed tbh I'm not seeing much difference from the Demo so far. It's maybe a bit smoother..

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to the main lobby. Literally got mobbed by three of those crawling things and a phantom. Died. Switched off. Not for me.

Felt very janky. :/ I didn't really click with dishonoured 2 tbh. And this feels very similar.

Soldato
Died about 10 times trying to kill two fiery things in the med centre and I'm playing on easy ? . Given up not my cup of tea tbh...

Will try again when it's a tenner.

Soldato
It would have been nice to find a proper weapon at the beginning. Like a shotgun or pistol. Not some rubbish glue gun or whatever that thing was.

Killing things with the wrench was painful. Especially with a stamina bar :/

Back
Top Bottom