Prey demo (XB1 & PS4)

Soldato
I've just tried dying light and it's fine. Does what it should do. It's weird cos it didn't do this in the prey demo.

They changed the deadzone levels or something in the full game, I imagine there's something not right with your controller that other games just aren't picking up.

Associate
It's moving by itself to the right all the time. Unless I move it left to stop it. Maybes it's my controller
I have had this problem on a few occasions with games in the past. I put it down to that I was sitting too far from the PS4 using the controller wireless, basically it's input lag and sometimes the DS4 controller can lag a bit judging on distance from the PS4. It used to happen to me so I decided to just use the controller wired in. Usually happened to me playing Overwatch or FIFA.

Soldato
I'm pretty close to the PS4 so I don't think it's distance. Having looked into this a bit further it seems I'm not the only one. There's a thread on Bethesda forums about this issue. It only happens in the new patch. I could uninstall the game and not use the patch but it's pain. I'm hoping though a fix is on it's way soon.

Soldato
They changed the deadzone levels or something in the full game, I imagine there's something not right with your controller that other games just aren't picking up.
This is true and i believe they reduced the size of the deadzone so it may appear like your sticks are calibrated correctly for other games. I've seen a youtube video where he installs the game without the patch by being offline and the issue is no longer present. You could try resetting your DS4 which i believe is done via the hole near the L2 button, which would save you having to reinstall the game

Soldato
Cheers Reeve I'll give that a go tomorrow.
To be fair its probably not going to work as I dont think the sticks can be recalibrated but its worth a shot considering the alternatives. The other option is to get a replacement controller as the Pro will still be well within the warranty period but the replacement will probably take a while to arrive (assuming you didn't buy it in store and can get it changed there).

Soldato
Nearing the end I think and unfortunately it gets quite combat heavy and less fun as a result. Enemies respawn but ammo doesn't so it's easier to just run past them otherwise you'll be out of ammo very fast.

Edit: Just finished it, looks like there are at least a couple of endings. The one I did was pretty weak after quite a strong story which is a shame. I'll do the other ending then trade it in as not really feeling the desire to play it through again as there was a lot of padding via backtracking late in the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm 21 hours into it and feel like quitting even though the end appears round the corner. The waypoint system makes this game an utter misery to play and needs sorting asap. At the moment it's telling me to go through a loading screen door, to then turn around and go back through again.

The start of the game was pretty poor for the first 2-3 hours for me, improved dramatically right until the end and is now abysmal.

Soldato
The re-spawning enemies has ruined the game for me tbh. I spent hours clearing out the garden area in weird and wonderful ways only to come back later to find them all back again...

Lost interest and sold it to CEX after that.... I was really enjoying it too....

Soldato
Prey Patch 1.04 Adds PS4 Pro Support

PS4 Pro Support added for:
- Enable Screen-Space Reflections
- Higher quality shadows
- Improved texture appearance
- More texture memory (stable streaming)
- Anisotropy 16x (from 4x)
- Improved visual fidelity
- Less LOD usage
- Dynamic lights show up further
- Particles are allowed to draw more pixels per effect

full notes

Soldato
The re-spawning enemies has ruined the game for me tbh. I spent hours clearing out the garden area in weird and wonderful ways only to come back later to find them all back again...

Lost interest and sold it to CEX after that.... I was really enjoying it too....

Im kind of in the same boat, I am enjoying the game but the enemies are without doubt the worst part. They wouldn't be if It didn't feel like I was moving a tank everytime I play. There is a lot to enjoy here but the combat is poor.

Soldato
Got a copy free with my Pro and only recently fired it up - can't say it's grabbing me tbh; after hearing reports/reviews that it was akin to System Shock.... it really isn't :(

Unsure if I'll bother with it, or just flog it on/trade it in - thing is, I have other games I am playing, and limited time, so do I can it now and get a reasonable trade in value for it...?

Soldato
Got a copy free with my Pro and only recently fired it up - can't say it's grabbing me tbh; after hearing reports/reviews that it was akin to System Shock.... it really isn't :(

Unsure if I'll bother with it, or just flog it on/trade it in - thing is, I have other games I am playing, and limited time, so do I can it now and get a reasonable trade in value for it...?

It's already down to £28, so if you're going to sell it do it now.

Back
Top Bottom