Prey demo (XB1 & PS4)

Soldato
The sound is annoying me more than anything tbh. Why are some things so loud but voice overs so quiet. It's stupid on moment I can't hear it the next it's booming out....

Soldato
I turned the music to 10%. Seemed to do the trick.

The game is good, just not for me. Slinging 4 enemies at me that early on in the game, with just a wrench to kill them. I haven't got the patience :p

Soldato
I have a nice collection of weapons now just as usual with these type of games not much ammo. I find it really hard to hit anything with guns as they all move so ruddy fast. I'm just swinging away with the wrench...

I think the game wants you to read everything as quite a lot is revealed in books etc. I'm just not overly bothered about reading them all.

It's growing on me a bit the sound mixing is horrid though and grating hopefully it will be fixed.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the devs said the input lag in the demo would be fixed for launch, and the audio/music triggers and mixing would be patched thereafter.

Soldato
Fair enough although it still feels very floaty control wise. Like Dishonered you get used to it after a while although it makes hitting the fast moving enemies a bit tricky as I tend to overshoot a lot.

Hopefully they will sort the audio soonish. It's weird that its fine on Xbox one...

Last edited:
Soldato
Been playing the full game today and it's bloody awful. The lack of ammo in the game gets severe about 2-3 hours in and the electrical phantom things can one shot on normal and take a full clip of pistol ammo to down. Some really bad design choices rolled into a game here. You get full on forced into playing the game using stealth as a primary method of survival in an environment that has very little cover against enemies that can disguise themselves as anything.

Coupled with that, there's no aim assist on PS4 which makes using a gun on anything fast moving completely pointless. Also, respawning enemies!!!!!!

Soldato
I'm about 3 hours in now and tbh I have no idea what to do. I have a marker but cannot work out how to get there. Tbh I think I'm about done with it now it's not for me the clunky combat is annoying it really needs an auto aim option. Hitting anything with guns otherwise is nearly impossible.

I really want to enjoy it but it's just boring me now.

Soldato
It seems im having a completely different experience to everyone else in that im enjoying playing through the story and exploring, the combat isnt amazing but in not getting frustrated with it. I'm playing on hard and im not finding the game too difficult, i can actually play a lot more relaxed now but at the start i was taking my time and relying on stealth and turrets. I have combat focus fully unlocked so i dont even have to look for mimics anymore, I can just clobber them when they make an appearance without taking a scratch. I dont use weapons extensively unless i come across an enemy the requires them such as the electric phantom mentioned above. There were a few points where I almost ran out of ammo for my guns after coming across a lot of the harder enemies in a short time but after that happened I built up an ammo reserve so I wouldnt have issues again. The wrench for the most part does the job even though i havent invested into the wrench skills(Its on my list of skills to buy).

A small tip for those starting out: You can get away without investing in the strength abilities for the most part by using recycler charges on objects you want to move.

Soldato
I'm enjoying it quite a bit now (5 hours in), the combat improves even if it's still the weaker aspect. The story is pretty engaging and there's plenty of scope for just exploring. I've just found a neuromod recipe so that should make things more interesting too :)

Soldato
I'm enjoying it quite a bit now (5 hours in), the combat improves even if it's still the weaker aspect. The story is pretty engaging and there's plenty of scope for just exploring. I've just found a neuromod recipe so that should make things more interesting too :)

I think i must have crafted over 40 of the things by now, i just recycled half of my Psi Hypos as i never seem to use them so i should be able to craft another 15 the next chance i get. If anyone is reading there are multiple places to get hold of this recipie so i wouldn't worry about missing it although the earlier you get the recipie the earlier you can really boost the effectiveness of Morgan.

I just got the second ability in the wrench tree and im finding im knocking over enemies much more frequently even with uncharged attacks, so it does make a big difference.

Soldato
I am getting a bit bored of the "Find the code for the door" bits now tbh. Just tried to do a mission but I need a code for a door that was half way across the station 4 loading areas away..... Arghhhh...

Soldato
I'm actually now completely stuck. Without the door code I cannot go anywhere as all my missions want me to go through the door. I cannot go back as their is another locked door that way..... I went through the door earlier so it must be some kind of glitch....? Oh well....

Edit - Just reloaded an older save and it's ok now the door opens.... Just about 45 mns wasted.... :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm definitely enjoying it more now I'm a good 5-6 hours in. It's still frustrating at times and difficult but it's definitely got better glitches aside. I'm going to keep it and keep going with it. However annoyed I get with it I do seem to want to play more...

Soldato
Enjoying this a lot more now and have even bumped up the difficulty. I spent ages learning what all the weapons do and it has made things a lot better. The game gets much better after about 10 ish hours or so.....

Glad I stuck with it....

Back
Top Bottom