Prey demo (XB1 & PS4)

Soldato
Just finished and it has to be my worst and best game this year. At times it's infuriating and at times it's truly fantastic.. I enjoyed it overall though not sure I will play again as I spent hours on it. Can now go back to Mass Effect......

Soldato
I've got it to finish on Xbox one first then the ps4 pro. The pro looks better but they haven't done a good job with the patches. I'm doing the Xbox first because I have a ton of materials and stuff on the ps4 version having taken advantage of the recycling glitch before it was fixed on there so I feel a bit cheaty. I could make a ton of neuro mods on it but I haven't really though.

Soldato
No issues on Pro for me but I played before the patches that actually added proper Pro support (naughty from Bethesda as it touted Pro support on the case but had none at all at launch).

The game starts off really well, great premise but ebbs and flows from there. The combat never gets better than okay and takes a massive downturn about 2/3 through when respawning enemies are everywhere. The final act is very weak too, you just run from one end of the station to the other for 30 minutes flicking switches.

Not sure how anyone could have this as a GOTY contender when you've got Horizon Zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild, Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Persona 5, Resident Evil 7 and others to pick from. I really wanted to like it more than I did especially when that first 30 minutes sucks you in really well but what follows is just a poor man's Bioshock/System Shock.

Soldato
I thought the end was ok tbh. I think it actually got better later on as you have more abilities and dealing with the harder enemies becomes a bit more doable. By the end I was having fun fighting the Nightmares rather than running or using the satellite thing. A lot of the side missions were well done as well and some were fairly big with interesting stories. I think it could be a GOTY contender but you need to put a lot into it to get it out. I personally found Horizon boring after a while so this suited me fine.

Caporegime
So they’ve altered the demo now so that you can unlock the full game and carry on with your playthrough. That means downloading 40GB just to try the game now. :( They also did the same with Dishonored 2.

On the upside, I’ve barely scratched the surface (just got the first neuromod) and I’m impressed. It’s got bags of atmosphere and reminds me of Bioshock/System Shock. I’m creeping along with Alien Isolation levels of tension knowing that any object could turn out to be a baddie.

Back
Top Bottom