Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are, and then maybe they shut down a few months/year later?

If you don't like what OcUK are doing, then buy somewhere else that isn't doing it?

Extra £20 is hardly breaking the banks...

Like I said earlier in the thread, retailers normally hedge their rates for the year. So if anything prices shouldn't really change. I suspect ocuk don't do this perhaps?

But also confident in the people who know their stuff and have fought for this to happen!

Boris and Nigel?

Instead of listening to politicians, any politicians, I rather listen to a friend of mine who has not 1 but 2 PHDs in economics and if anyone can guess how our economy will perform, he is qualified than most, and his predictions are not good. To say he is gobsmacked at the outcome is an understatement, he cannot fathom at how ill informed most people are.

Lucky git that he is, he is also leaving the country in a month to take up a teaching position at University of Illinois!

So, no evidence?

'Cos my friend with 3 PhDs says different...

I was going to ask him if I can find x2 PHDs in Economics that's for Leave will that cancel out this friend's opinion in his mind and he start thinking for himself but something tells me that'll be lost on him ..

That's his 'evidence' and he's sticking with it.

Well for me this Leave thing started off on the wrong foot. GTX1080 prices dipped in NZ, I was on bourbon nr 4, my debit card was within stumbling distance.

Things got expensive.

I am trusting my friend who has 2 PHDs in economics.

I wouldn't - Economics is a social science based on theories, not hard and fast rules and laws like Physics or Chemistry etc. I suspect that most Economists fall into two camps -

1) Those that predicted things correctly
2) Those that predicted things incorrectly

The problem is, you only know after the event.

Boris and Nigel?

Instead of listening to politicians, any politicians, I rather listen to a friend of mine who has not 1 but 2 PHDs in economics and if anyone can guess how our economy will perform, he is qualified than most, and his predictions are not good. To say he is gobsmacked at the outcome is an understatement, he cannot fathom at how ill informed most people are.

Lucky git that he is, he is also leaving the country in a month to take up a teaching position at University of Illinois!

One mans opinion is not enough to base the UKs future on!

These politicians / people who wanted us out of the EU. Don't you think they have done their homework?

Some people need to get real and see that this, in the long term, is going to be the best thing for the UK.

We do not need to be ruled by other countries! We do not need to be ploughing our money into other countries! The UK, Great Britain, used to be 'GREAT'. It has not been 'GREAT' for a very long time!!!!!

Now, we have a chance to be 'GREAT' once more!

Do you have evidence to base your opinions on?

Surely the evidence to Remain was....well...we were already in so nothing was going to change. Add to that the OECD, IMF, BofE, The Economist, The FT, US Treasury all said you are better off remaining.

The evidence for leaving is non existent as we have no idea of the agreement which will be reached between the UK and the EU as a result of us leaving. There is no precedent here. Which is why very few economists said we should leave. The main ones that did are hugely academic free marketers whose policies are so free trade that no political party would ever adopt them (e.g. no regulation on markets at all)

As for people complaining that things just got more expensive. You were warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom