Prime hydration

Soldato
Value much like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Football stickers are even worse than Pokemon cards in my eyes.
Yes, though in both cases the cards have value to be traded i.e. other people want them.

Prime is an example of the instant gratification culture.

It's not that far off the bath water / fart bags that people buy these days.

Soldato
Last edited:
Permabanned

Hope he's paying tax as he will sure to be investigated now. :cry:

And he revealed his mum Michele helps to re-stock over the weekend and even pack the parcels for shipping, although she’s only paid in sweets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I bought some of this from a petrol station yesterday, it was only £2 a bottle - but limited to 6x bottles, they had a huge crate of it... Tropical punch and ice pop.

I actually quite like it, I'm trying to drink less carbonated drinks these days - but as my mate described "It tastes a bit like someone's mum put too much cordial in"..

But either way, for £2 it seems alright.

The post office is still selling it for £10 a bottle though, lol.

Soldato
Local Morrisons has had some in a few times for £2, my oldest begged me for some, so we tried it to see what all the fuss was about. My god it's foul - the comment above about "too much cordial" is bang on!

Soldato
Went to the US and managed to grab 6 x Lemonade (yellow bottles) and 8 x Strawberry Watermelon (pink bottles) for my kids, they were easy to find and I stuffed them in my case. Nearly cried when I saw the Lemonade ones going for £15 a pop (and selling) on eBay when I got home. The kids have drunk them all in the half term week, they didn't want to sell. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
there were boxes of them in our local morrisons when i popped in for a couple of bbq things on saturday, about 6 different varieties. all priced 2 quid so i rang the mrs to ask our 2 boys if they wanted me to buy them and they could pay me back. There was only 1 of the white bottle left called meta moon which drew sharp intakes of breath down the phone, and another multicoloured one were duly put in my hand basket. Cueing up at the self service check out a clinically obese overtly tattoo'ed woman in her 50's standing behind me tried to take it out of my basket, she couldn't get it cos it was pinned down under other stuff. She then asked my how much i wanted for it, i said they're 2 quid and theres crates of the stuff as you walk in (you stupid cow), so she waddled off full speed as i put my shopping through. As i was walking out the same woman was shouting at me "theres no f-in meta moon left'.

it was at that point i realised i could have probably scammed a tenner out of her, if only i knew my prime a bit better.

Caporegime
there were boxes of them in our local morrisons when i popped in for a couple of bbq things on saturday, about 6 different varieties. all priced 2 quid so i rang the mrs to ask our 2 boys if they wanted me to buy them and they could pay me back. There was only 1 of the white bottle left called meta moon which drew sharp intakes of breath down the phone, and another multicoloured one were duly put in my hand basket. Cueing up at the self service check out a clinically obese overtly tattoo'ed woman in her 50's standing behind me tried to take it out of my basket, she couldn't get it cos it was pinned down under other stuff. She then asked my how much i wanted for it, i said they're 2 quid and theres crates of the stuff as you walk in (you stupid cow), so she waddled off full speed as i put my shopping through. As i was walking out the same woman was shouting at me "theres no f-in meta moon left'.

it was at that point i realised i could have probably scammed a tenner out of her, if only i knew my prime a bit better.

On the Luke and Pete Podcast, there was a listener wrote in about his experience with Prime.*

So this listener's story goes that, let's call him John. John is a dad, and his 12 year old son is obsessed with Prime, his group of friends takes turn to stake out the local corner shop whenever they take delivery of it and they swamp in whenever a delivery appears and buys it all.

So John went shopping one day and found the Meta Moon, took it home, the idea was that so he can been seen by his son drinking it. But instead he emptied it into the sink and filled it with Whiskey and Ginger Ale. He put the lid back on and showed it to his son "look what I found today in the shops". He put it in the fridge and asked his son that's his and not to touch it. But he then got summoned by the missus to do some DIY, and when he returned an hour later to find the bottled had disappeared and his son had taken it to his room, and finished it all. The kid could not understand why he was feeling a a bit weird. John didn't want to tell his wife that he had accidentally spiked his own son so he went "I think our son has a mild allergic reaction to caffeine!"

The news spread to other kids' parents about it and sooner or later, all the kids' parents banned their kids getting it and they no longer stake out the local shop for Prime.

* Side note, on the show, Luke & Pete are on this mission to make the drinks unpopular, by asking all men in their age (30's and up) seen drinking it, making it uncool, it's like a joke kind of thing.

Soldato
My air fare right here :p
IMG-20230605-122606.jpg

Associate
Its just overpriced fruit shoot

Its a nothing more than a sugar flavoured drink that will rot your teeth just like fruit shoot or capri sun.

Yet parents go mad to try and get their kids it.

You have to hand to the guys who took it onto social media and made hundreds of millions from a couple of tiktok videos.

We live in an age now where there are no longer any norms.

Soldato
Sorry to bump thread but no point in creating a new thread of something similar.

Many people are confused what’s the deal between the Hydration (bottle) and Energy (can).

Some young kids think the cans are a fizzy version of the bottle.

There’s an age restriction on the Energy. Need to be 16. Kids saying that they are 16 wearing school uniform (16 year olds finished their GCSEs 10 days ago). Need to show ID.

Seen shop staff saying to kids looking at the PE cans that they need to be 16 due to caffeine.

Then over the weekend saw a parent with child in pushchair drinking a can of Prime Energy. Kid was about 2.5 years old. Children shouldn’t be drinking any energy drinks as caffeine causes potential heart problems. What a dumb parent.

Associate
The news spread to other kids' parents about it and sooner or later, all the kids' parents banned their kids getting it and they no longer stake out the local shop for Prime.

Oh, look, the solution to the madness is right in front of everyone's eyes... Adequate parenting...

It's sad to see grown adults and parents here perpetuating a rush on sugared water just to make a pittance from kids' daftness.

Back
Top Bottom