Pro Cycling Discussion 2018

Soldato
With about 30km to go Bardet was dangling 30-40 seconds off the yellow jersey group and the gap was holding steady and AG2R looked like they were getting tired.

Next minute Uran off the back and Landa crash, suddenly Bardet back in the lead bunch but his helpers back with Movistar! Must have cut to commercials but I never saw him come back, I thought he was in one the of chasers.

Then that front wheel change after the last sector of cobbles, so slow!

Soldato
OP
Yet to watch it, but glad it lived up to expectations! Gutting for Porte. Really think the Giro or Vuelta are his race, he's just not hard enough for the tour. BMC don't have enough of a team for GVA on the flats and for him in the mountains anyway.

Kristoff in that Froome picture is great, it looks like he's landing in a squat and ready to remount immediately! :D

Couple of cool pics on Oli Naesen's Strava ride of him running over Majka! lol :D:eek::rolleyes:

Next minute Uran off the back and Landa crash, suddenly Bardet back in the lead bunch but his helpers back with Movistar! Must have cut to commercials but I never saw him come back, I thought he was in one the of chasers.

Guardian article above has Matt White complaining about race/TV motorbikes towing the Landa and Bardet group back up :/

Last edited:
Soldato
That last one of Naesen is the one I saw.

Would be a shame but not surprising if the French bloke who made it on when it didn't look anywhere near likely didn't get penalised.

Back
Top Bottom