Pro Cycling Discussion 2020

Soldato
Ridiculous if they don't just cancel it.
1st and 5th stage were the only ones solely in Belgium and therefore allowed.
This is after it had 2 days chopped off to be OK in the first place.
Just bloody cancel it and accept this year is a joke > move on.

I am more gutted Amstel won't happen as I love that race.

Soldato
OP
BBC2 has it from 12:00 and on the red button from 8:35.
Does it have the TT too? Full race & highlights of both or just full?

Makes you wonder if Eurosport are doing it to try to get more people to buy the GCN race pass, given the amount of mentions it got during the Tour.
Haha missed that, but then I was watching the BBC ones not ES. Kinda crazy that ES allowed mentions of a competitor?! Not like they get mentioned at all...

Watch the last 45km.
Thanks

Ned Boulting read an extract from a french journalist about Alaphillipe on his podcast on Sunday, well worth a listen to hear a bit more about his cycling career progression and how he got where he is now.
Got a link to it? Podcasts is something I've not really got into and maybe I should...

Proper horrible weather! Flying out to Sicily tomorrow to watch the Giro, watch out for me I'll be dressed as Wheres Wally for TT and in the last few K of the Etna stage on Monday!
Have a great trip!

Soldato
Does it have the TT too? Full race & highlights of both or just full?

Haha missed that, but then I was watching the BBC ones not ES. Kinda crazy that ES allowed mentions of a competitor?! Not like they get mentioned at all...

Pretty sure GCN and Eurosport are working in partnership here, GCN seem to be piggybacking off Eurosport’s TV rights and Eurosport have been using GCN commentary for some races. I’d guess cycling will disappear off Eurosport player at some point to force people on to Race Pass.

Edit: Eurosport’s parent company actually has a controlling stake in GCN, so that makes sense.

Soldato
Seen the duck POC Tempors though?
The kit is horrendous. Like over the top try hard horrendous. But the ducky TT helmets are amazing.

TT nerds @One More Solo , @SoliD , @Berger - POC Tempor coming back into prod off the back of this. You can order on the POC site now.

Soldato
Actually changed my mind....
It's THAT bad I find myself liking it and feeling guilty about it.

Had never heard of "Palace" until this.

Soldato
OP
Great, thanks!

Pretty sure GCN and Eurosport are working in partnership here, GCN seem to be piggybacking off Eurosport’s TV rights and Eurosport have been using GCN commentary for some races. I’d guess cycling will disappear off Eurosport player at some point to force people on to Race Pass.

Edit: Eurosport’s parent company actually has a controlling stake in GCN, so that makes sense.
Good to know and well spotted. I had thought the same last year when some of the GCN guys ended up doing some of the 'extras' around the races and even some of the interviews. Then Matt Stevens did a bunch of great commentary too (before then leaving GCN).

The kit is horrendous. Like over the top try hard horrendous. But the ducky TT helmets are amazing.

TT nerds @One More Solo , @SoliD , @Berger - POC Tempor coming back into prod off the back of this. You can order on the POC site now.
Kit is good/different and not that unexpected for them to do something different. Quite like the idea they changed it so not to get confused with the pink jersey, but than again any excuse to get some publicity... Bikes look amazing if I'm honest, much better than the kit: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ef...nondale-race-bikes-ahead-of-the-giro-ditalia/

Duck POC Tempors - https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...me-trial-helmet-that-looks-like-a-duck-471345

Was quite surprised to see Dowsett riding one in the Worlds (at least, I think it was one?! Had different vents to the ones listed on the POC site...)

Soldato

it’s an incredible helmet! Will get the stage recorded or watch live tomorrow.

I need a new skinsuit first, was going to order at the start of this year and held off looking for a bargain then corona kicked in!

Soldato
Great, thanks!

Good to know and well spotted. I had thought the same last year when some of the GCN guys ended up doing some of the 'extras' around the races and even some of the interviews. Then Matt Stevens did a bunch of great commentary too (before then leaving GCN).

Kit is good/different and not that unexpected for them to do something different. Quite like the idea they changed it so not to get confused with the pink jersey, but than again any excuse to get some publicity... Bikes look amazing if I'm honest, much better than the kit: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ef...nondale-race-bikes-ahead-of-the-giro-ditalia/

Duck POC Tempors - https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...me-trial-helmet-that-looks-like-a-duck-471345

Was quite surprised to see Dowsett riding one in the Worlds (at least, I think it was one?! Had different vents to the ones listed on the POC site...)

Dowsett was riding one yeah, he's working with Dan Bingham and he and all the Huub guys ride them on the road.
They stopped making them a while ago so they are like hens teeth to get hold of.
Maybe this new one you can order has subtle changes so not identical to the ones we are used to seeing from previously.

Soldato
https://twitter.com/binckbanktour/status/1312385349482622978?s=21
You can tell he means business because he takes his arm warmers off :p

Also came here to see the posts ripping into our new glorious world champion. He is a monumental tit.
"you rainbow stripped fanny" was my exact words when watching it!
Should be DQ completely from the results. Justice was served on the finishing line for his dangerous riding.

Agreed, he was all over the place before the sprint but you can see he looked over his shoulder before going for the line and pulled left to block Hirschi. Also an idiot for celebrating and getting pipped to the line

Soldato
Agreed, he was all over the place before the sprint but you can see he looked over his shoulder before going for the line and pulled left to block Hirschi. Also an idiot for celebrating and getting pipped to the line

Hirschi would have won if he didn't do that. He stopped a rider from winning and could have easily caused yet another bad crash..... A full DQ from the results was the only thing that would suffice in that situation. It sets no example to deter dangerous riding and also shows UCI are as shady as we all know because they don't have the balls to DQ the world champ.

They seem to be adamant they "protect the image of the sport" but on this decision it proves otherwise. An element of protecting image of the sport has to fall on the poster boy world champ as well and he's made a good start on that eh!

Back
Top Bottom