Pro Cycling Discussion 2022

Soldato
Roglic took 48 seconds back.

Remco beat Roglic in the ITT by 48 seconds. He beat everyone else by more time… no cause for concern today, he rode in a mature way and didn’t lose much.

Get through tomorrow even with a bit of time loss and make to the final week with more than a minute.

Worry tomorrow would be strong break goes, Roglic, Mas et al attack him on the steep bit at the start of the climb, pull satellite riders back from the break and then have a small group with domestiques to pull hard for them when it flattens out for the remainder of the climb.

Remco unlikely to have anyone to support him much if this happens. Unless one of the other teams misses out and they want to protect their podium, I’m thinking Mas here as Movistar need the UCI points for the ranking. UAE or Jumbo more likely to call the buff and not pull.

The KOM contest is hotting up with Vine needing some points. Maybe Carapaz will tire a little after some big days.

For tomorrow I say superman Lopez. High altitude climb, looking good, still a little way down on GC so might get a little more rope and won’t have to work as much as others.

Soldato
OP
Remco pacing himself through again, riding with a steady head, but still got to be worrying him that he's losing time. Astana looked good yesterday as did Mas, but once again he did hardly anything and sat on Lopez wheel for so long. Been a good week of racing though that's for sure!

Soldato
OP
Pair of mad stages in both tob and vuelta. Roglic flying and stamping his authority on the race and then wham all comes crashing down in the stupidest of crashes. I think his race could potentially be over, he looked pretty beat up and we know he doesn't recover that quick from injury.

Then the weather at tob made things interesting and nice to see the break get it. Although how the cpmmisaires initially listed the bunch as finishing on the same time I do not know. Perry in leaders tomorrow which looks like it could be a great stage.

Soldato
all comes crashing down in the stupidest of crashes.
They kept saying how unlucky he is as it keeps happening to him... that's not luck... these things aren't random events that he got unlucky with...

I think he'll be okay to carry on though. He got back on and rode, so I don't think anything broke. I think just bloody grazes and cuts.

Soldato
OP
Indeed, much like Geraint Thomas people crash often for a reason

Roglic came to cycling late, but its clear there is a lack of mental "capacity" at the limit which means he just gets things wrong or his mind wanders too often for the innocuous ones.

Soldato
OP
They kept saying how unlucky he is as it keeps happening to him... that's not luck... these things aren't random events that he got unlucky with...

I think he'll be okay to carry on though. He got back on and rode, so I don't think anything broke. I think just bloody grazes and cuts.
Called it, Roglic out!

Soldato
Yeah, really surprised me. I have to say, my first thought was I wonder if he thought he just can't do it and was using it as an out :cry: He seems to have a history of pulling out. There is no specific reason given, that I have seen?

Soldato
OP
I think the weight of the crash and being able to bounce back from that. Suspect it'll be focussed on targetting worlds now as he's clearly got some good form coming and didn't want to risk further injuries.

Soldato
I think the weight of the crash and being able to bounce back from that. Suspect it'll be focussed on targetting worlds now as he's clearly got some good form coming and didn't want to risk further injuries.

Looks like he’s blaming Fred Wright for his crash saying young riders are being reckless and not showing enough respect. I don’t buy it at all, looking at Fred, he rides his line and Roglic comes in from the left and cuts across Fred’s line and comes off worse https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/primoz-roglic-blames-fred-wright-for-vuelta-a-espana-crash/

Soldato
That finish was an embarrassment for cycling here.

Riders are going flat out, you can see **** all Infront of you when in a big bunch and rely on the riders Infront to ride smart.

Gutted the whole thing is cancelled tbh but at least we have the vuelta.

Also stfu roglic, watch the video. Noob move.

Soldato
OP
What's Kung got to do to win a world champs. Massively unexpected win for Foss, shame about hayters mechanical he was having a great ride. Ganna was nowhere. Wonder how much his push for the hour is affecting him on rolling courses. Or is his time at the top over?

Soldato
OP
Pair of golds in the junior TTs this morning! Backstedt and Tarling both moving up a step from Silver to Gold! Could both be in a good position to double up later in the week! Backstedt faster than Ellen Van Dijk at the first time check where the courses were exactly the same!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Big crash for Van Vleuten in the TTT thing today, could put her race at risk on Saturday and blow the race wide open! Don't wish ill on anyone but she's absolutely dominated womens racing this year and sort of hope she is out to make the race a bit more interesitng, although seeing her racing with potential injuries may level the field somewhat.

Soldato
OP
Backstedt just so far ahead of the rest of the juniors in terms of power and ability. Her superior descending got the gap and then her strength just building the gap constantly. She's beat seniors in the cx so will be interested to see how she gets on when she moves up next year. If she continues to develop, could see van vleuten/vos style domination.

Back
Top Bottom