Project: 4-Quad (56k = no)

Soldato
Hey guys

After finally getting all the parts to my new rig, it is time to retire my trusty athlon x2 from its house and move in the new hardware, however, with the new stuff outputting so much heat, drastic measures were called for. :p

The system is called 4 quad thanks to gigabytes great marketing of the '6 dual miracle' on my Pentium 4 mainboard reminding me i can apply the same logic to this build

4x cores
4x sticks of ram
4x hard drives in raid 0
4x 120.1 equiv. radiators for water cooling

hence the 4-Quad name :D

Systems specs:

Intel X3210
Asus P5K Deluxe
4GB Crucial Ballistix
Nvidia Quadro FX 4600
X-FI Elite Pro
4* Hitachi Deskstar sataII
2 dvd-rw drives
Tagan 580w

Cooling:
2*120.2 radiators with 100cfm delta's
2*D5's
Apogee GT
Switftech mini-res
Blue star high performance car coolant

Case:
Akasa Eclipse 62 :D

Still trying to work out where im going to put the second radiator on the akasa, i really dont want to drill into my case yet as im not that confident.

Pictures to come in a sec :D

That looks awesome, the delta's on those radiators are gonna give some nice temps. I hope you don't mind me asking but where the hell do you get the money for all that??? You're only 17 years old :eek: I'm 16 and i don't see how i could ever get enough money by the time i'm 17 to spend that much on a pc without spending all my savings!!

mark1 said:
That looks awesome, the delta's on those radiators are gonna give some nice temps. I hope you don't mind me asking but where the hell do you get the money for all that??? You're only 17 years old :eek: I'm 16 and i don't see how i could ever get enough money by the time i'm 17 to spend that much on a pc without spending all my savings!!
I know just what you mean! :p

Was about to say the same thing and then remembered buying a 28" sony widescreen and bang & olufsen stereo at 16 (i'm 26 now!). Whole lot rushed me £1200-£1300 if i remember correctly!

Like you suggested - that was indeed all my savings! IMO it was worth every penny! ;)

Nice one lay-z-boy! Can't wait to watch the build.

Good luck mate! :)

gt

Back
Top Bottom